Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No Place Like HOME!

We landed at Nashville Int'l Airport a couple minutes after 3am. Brain. Dead. I had to take a cab home, because there was no way I was getting behind the wheel.

The biggest stab in the heart over this trip was that I was traveling with a group who had gone up to testify on Capitol Hill. Part of their group was flying out of Reagan on US Air, which is how I normally get home. Their flight was cancelled, and they were given hotel rooms and food vouchers! We were given water and peanuts on what wound up being a 5 1/2 hour delay.

Since I don't have a car, Delaynie got to play hooky from school today. I've pretty much just slept. Delaynie came running in an hour or so ago going "Mommy, mommy, mommy, it's SNOWING!"

My house is a wreck, lol. But it's sure good to be home!

5 comments:

DaveBrz said...

Glad your home. They got lucky with the hotel and vouchers, normally airlines won't give those for weather delays.

Take care of yourself and get some rest.

Anonymous said...

yay for you being home!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking a cab. In me Mum's words: 'If anything happened to you, I'd have to kill you again!' (Yes, she used to say than, usually with hands on hips and a furious expression on her face, lol)

Sleep well.

Jona said...

What a trip! Glad ypu finally got home. I hope you got some rest :)

Main said...

Yay, you made it! :D