Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MG in the house!

Some days I really love my job. I'm rockin' out to the new Montgomery Gentry album, because we're taping an XM World Premiere with Eddie and Troy today. This album really ROCKS. They've gone back to their earlier, gritty, rowdy rock sound, which is what made me fall in love with them in the first place. (And you thought it was just Troy's good looks!)

We're taping the show this afternoon, and I still don't have songwriter credits to know who wrote what, which normally would be frustrating me to no end, because it's about a 3 hour process to write an episode of ShortCuts. Howevever, it just means I'm killing time by listening to the album over and over waiting to sequence the show, and that's not a bad way to spend a morning.

I've learned by now that some way or another, the show always comes together. And this one will too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trent Willmon wrote Back When I knew It All :-D

Producer J. said...

I did know that! :-)

Ira Dean apparently has a cut on here too. It's crazy to me that 3 weeks before the album releases, no one seems to have any publishing info. We're taping in an hour and a half. Guess I'd better polish it up and run with it!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like flying with no net, eh? That seems a bit odd that there's no support materials for the cd.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning -- can't stomach those guys -- automatic channel changer. Sorry!!!!

Paula said...

Just wanted to clarify that the anonymous poster wasn't me. I'm still XM-less, hopefully for not much longer.

Paula

Producer J. said...

lmao! The thought crossed my mind... but I knew you wouldn't lurk behind anonymity... you'd flat out tell me to my face!

XO