Thursday, November 29, 2007

Vote for Garth!

So... apparently... unbeknownst to me... voting is taking place now for the XM Nation Awards.

And apparently, Garth is a nominee. Go here to vote, but please, don't ask me where they got that photo of him. I didn't know this was happening. Obviously.

Speaking of his Garthness, I completely forgot to remind y'all that his episode of ShortCuts re-aired Thanksgiving weekend. However, I'm redeeming myself by telling you that Saturday is Garth Day on XMX - channel 2. Nothing but the 3 episodes of "The Ultimate Hits Relived" over and over again.

It's a slight tweak on the 3 separate shows that originally played. For instance, we don't do the credits 3 times. LOL. And I took out the segment about Leno being his good luck charm and how they rearranged the taping for him.

I also cut 3 segments to air at the conclusion of the series going into the next airing where I ramble about his Garthness a little. Producer J. rambling about Garth. That's gotta be compelling radio, LOL. They're short, but it was kind of fun. It was scripted rambling. ;-)

Another press release came out today about the LA Benefit Concert. Staples Center is donating the building, they've got corporate sponsorship, and 100% of the ticket prices (of the tickets themselves, Ticketmaster is apparently keeping their share) are going to the cause. Very Garth like.

I'm spending my evening tomorrow with a couple of country music's hottest men. Details soon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith Urban and Gary Allan?

Anonymous said...

I have to remember to listen tomorrow!! :) And PLEASE think of me tomorrow night; wish I could be there!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that another Keith is at the Wildhorse ;)

Producer J. said...

So many Keiths... so little time.

Although I didn't get invited to the Wildhorse show *sniff*sniff* -- I hadn't even heard about it!

Anonymous said...

The Wolf is putting it on...unfortunely I won't be there either. WAAH!

Anonymous said...

I voted. Pink is winning, so we need to vote.

Paula said...

Blogger wasn't cooperating earlier today...am trying once again.

I voted, but I really don't like these "polls" where you are allowed to vote as many times as you like. That being said, I scanned the voting guidelines and I'm curious as to what would constitute a trigger for XM to void any votes "it deems fraudulent...or are otherwise designed to undermine the integrity of the Voting." :p

Thanks for letting us know about tomorrow. I totally forgot about the re-airing over Thanksgiving weekend. I wish I had more space on my XM2Go to record it. :(

I'm still debating about the LA trip...my vacation time is pretty low, and I'm thinking I might want to save my days in case the spring training rumor is true, particularly since I did get to see him 5 times in KC.

Probably MG or VZ, neither pair being anywhere near the top of my "country music's hottest men" list.:p

Paula

Anonymous said...

J, do you think GB was inviolved in the 'donation' of the Staples Centre, or the elected officials?

Either way its very cool this is going forth. And I love GB apologising for the ticket prices when far lesser act are charging outlandish prices.

Anonymous said...

I voted too. Hope it will be more than 23 %

Anonymous said...

J, that photo is from the first box set's booklet- I think it was taken about the time of No Fences.

Paula said...

I had my XM on all day Saturday and just listened to the show as it looped throughout the day. I thought your "rambling" was cute.:-)

One thing I thought I heard the first time through but kept missing on the encores was the release date of MTAM. I thought I heard a date other than August 27...did I hear it wrong?

Paula

Producer J. said...

I totally forgot to listen Saturday. You were probably the only person who heard my rambling.

There was a line by the big voice guy that said "Garth Brooks once again made history with the August 2007 release of the single "More Than A Memory."

That was in Episode 3, right before GB talked about MTAM.