Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Clean Hair Act

I'm packing for my trip tomorrow. One night, easy. I have to take my laptop, so that requires a certain case, but other than that, I have it down to a science. Change of clothes, PJ's, toothbrush, can of hairspray, and a small assortment of travel sized lotions and potions.

However, there are these new regulations now... better check them out. No toothpaste. Ok, the hotel will have some on hand, I'm sure. No shampoo, which sucks, since Marriott's shampoo smells funny. No conditioner... that's a problem. As much hair as I have... one teeny bottle usually isn't enough. No liquid makeup, but I have a pancake stick somewhere... I can live with that in the name of national security. No hair gel or mousse... my new perm is gonna be all frizzy. Lovely. Let's hope the humidity is down. Gotta take out the body wash too. Bet the hotel doesn't have anything vanilla for me. Not even gonna smell their lotion, it will be all unisex and boring. No liquids, fine, but no aerosols either? What the heck? *sigh* No hairspray. I'll just buy a can there and leave it in Ray's office for the next time I'm crazy enough to think about getting on an airplane.

Wait, wait, wait. NO BEVERAGES? These crazy people think I'm getting on an airplane at 6:45 in the freakin' morning WITHOUT a cup of coffee or a can of Mountain Dew? Have they lost their MINDS? This has gone too far. I'd write my congressman, but he's on the way out and doesn't give a damn.

I'm certainly going to sleep better tonight knowing that our government is hard at work protecting our citizens from clean hair and fresh breath. Wouldn't want the minty smell to overpower the flight crew. When I think about it... there's no telling how dangerous those rivets on my button flys might be. Better take them out too.

This is what I think I'm safely allowed to fly with. I don't need a suitcase, I need a bandana, so I can tie all my belongings up into a hobo's napsack. If I didn't have a show to write, I'd leave the laptop behind and do just that.


Who recognizes the CDs I am delivering to the music library on behalf of Bluegrass Junction? :-D

6 comments:

DaveBrz said...

I know its a pain but you could always put the stuff in a small bag and ckeck it in and hope that they dont lose it.

The CD that I see there looks like its from Billy and Terry Smith released in 1999.

Anonymous said...

I think you can buy a beverage once you're past security--from what I've heard. Please, please let that be true... want me to meet you with coffee? :P

DaveBrz said...

According to the TSA

Additionally, liquids, gels and lotions purchased beyond the checkpoint but must be disposed of before boarding the aircraft.

Sharon Collie said...

That's the cd cover that always makes me laugh. Who in the HELL goes to sit on a mountain wearing a suit? Apparently, the man I married does. Insane.

Don't let the hideous cover keep you from listening. Great music. All original tunes.

Producer J. said...

I totally didn't even think about that! I did laugh though about the other CD cover I delivered with the cartoon characters -- The Grass Section.

No time for checking baggage and going through baggage claim... too much work to do!

Sharon Collie said...

The Grass Section is another great collection. I do believe that's my favorite one. The caricatures were drawn by the Former Sister In Law.

You should see if you can find a copy of their Bill Monroe cd. That has the last recording Bill ever appeared on just a few weeks before his stroke. Maybe that's my favorite.