Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Schmooze

Heigh ho... heigh ho... it's off to work I go....

There was a private event at the CMHOF tonight for the Eating Disorders Coalition that featured a fashion show and a performance by Sara Evans. Prior to the event she met with the media for a Round Robin with radio and a few television interviews.

Sara has a very dry sense of humor. Deadpan, is that what it's called? For instance, someone asked her about being criticized by the judges and she said "Well I'm married, so I'm used to it." I'm not sure that always translates well on the radio when you can't see her smiling. But anyway... a few things that will hit the press in the morning...

- She's invited her Dancing with the Stars partner (who also popped in at the end of the Round Robin) to walk the CMA Red Carpet with her

- She was pretty outspoken about Tom Delay's email campaign for her. She didn't know he did it until she saw it on CNN, and heard what he had to say about Jerry Springer. (I need to find that email he sent.) She did have wonderful things to say about Jerry, and said she thought the reason the judges were so horrible to her was because they saw the coverage of that email and thought she was a right wing conservative snob. To which she says "My husband is in politics, I'm not."

- The guy who designs her dresses for Dancing with the Stars is going to design her CMA outfit. She talked about the costumes and how there were things she didn't want to wear and things she didn't want to show. I wish I had a camera with me to show you her red bra that she was showing all of us by having her shirt unbuttoned to her belly button.

I think that's about it. Although the REAL Kodak moment was Storme Warren, who was in the Fashion Show. The stylist did something with his hair that looked like he was joining Rascal Flatts. I totally didn't recognize him.

Just for fun, I put on the ACM dress discussed below to wear to the event. It zipped and everything! But I had to weigh the options of looking good versus breathing. I chose breathing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO--so she wants to show a pretty red bra, but she doesn't want to show... her legs, maybe? ;-)