Monday, May 04, 2009

Boots... continued

Here is a better picture of our new boots. Which I really wish were here NOW! Not that I have anywhere to wear them this week... but I want them here! (We had them shipped to us so we didn't have to carry them on the plane.)



By the way... we went looking for boots for Sandi. I had absolutely NO intention of buying a pair myself. But then we walked in... and I was pleasantly surprised at the price tags... and my husband happened to call while I was looking around... so I asked him if he wanted to get me an early birthday present... When in Rome, you know? I've wanted a pair forever, but somehow couldn't buy one in the touristy "Buy One Get One Free" shops downtown Nashville. If you're gonna buy cowboy boots, you've gotta buy them in Texas!

So before I knew it, I'd spent more than Sandi on something I really didn't need to be buying. But I'm glad I did!
For those of you following along the comments in the previous post... here's Laynie in her red boots and hat, the last time I was in Texas -- Fall of 2003 .

5 comments:

lish said...

sexy boots! I'm jealous! I haven't had a REAL pair of boots in years either. Might have to take a trip to Texas myself. :)

So glad you had a wonderful time! But was their any doubt? :)

- lish

Jona said...

Aww. look at her. So cute with her cowboy hat and red boots :)

I definitely gonna buy me boots in Texas after seeing yours! :)

sandi said...

I don't think they ship for free to Norway, Jona. ;-)

sandi said...

Good prices--AND 10% off!

But J...what on earth are you doing wearing a Cowboys jersey? Don't make me buy you a Skins one. :)

Producer J. said...

Are you kidding? I loved the Cowboys back in the day! Notice they're both the same number... I had Home and Away versions, along with a variety of sweatshirts, stickers, and a Christmas ornament.

We were at Texas Stadium the day Emmitt Smith broke the NFL's all time rushing record -- awesome day.