Saturday, July 25, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

...I was in Foxboro, MA... where I got The News.

Happy (?) Anniversary to us. I can honestly say I didn't think I'd survive this long. I almost didn't. At one point I was told I was going to be let go, and prepared to let someone else take over my job. There have been days I kind of wished that had happened. But I know everything happens as part of a much bigger plan, so it's intriguing to me that I wound up making it. I'm not sure how many of us original XM'ers there are left, but I know there aren't many.

Now that we've hit the one year mark, I can get fired, demoted, or given a pay cut, without any sort of severence option. Or, I may be here for another 8 1/2 years.

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Chris in Jax said...

Glad to see you posting again. It's not the same without your news/insight.

Jona said...

I have missed your blogs! Welcome back :)
It's sad that there isn't many XM'ers left at your job, but I hope you still enjoy it there.

kissncry said...

Was wondering where you've been. Glad to have you back!

Sean Harding said...

I'm glad you've made it this far. I hope for the outcome that is best for you, whatever that may be :-)

Producer J. said...

Aww... thanks guys. I haven't been very inspired to post here as you've noticed. Been a rough couple of months since Music Fest.

However, I'm waiting on the paperwork to get signed on the dotted line for a new writing gig which will hopefully start soon. Hoping that inspires me to get back to writing here too!

Main said...

Glad you made it and I hope there are good things to come for you. Great to see you blogging again!

sandi said...

Congrats on the writing gig! I remember you were doing that forever ago; it'll be great to read your stuff again.

And yes, you have been missed immensely! Everything works out in the end. :)