Monday, October 12, 2009

Today's Word Is...

Had to go to dictionary.com to check this word out. Yep... it meant what I thought it meant. Dang.

em⋅bar⋅go 
 /ɛmˈbɑrgoʊ/ [em-bahr-goh] noun, plural -goes, verb, -goed, -go⋅ing.

–noun
1. an order of a government prohibiting the movement of merchant ships into or out of its ports.
2. an injunction from a government commerce agency to refuse freight for shipment, as in case of congestion or insufficient facilities.
3. any restriction imposed upon commerce by edict.
4. a restraint or hindrance; prohibition.
5. a word that steals the joy from the media.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

embargo.... hmmm... someone has very juicy info that they have to keep all to themselves. No fun. Would this embargo end Thursday by chance?

Kendel said...

I think everyone involved is under one of these. People I was tight with as of a month ago from *a certain place* won't email me back.

sandi said...

Maybe it means something different in Spanish? :P

Carrie with Children said...

So...what you are trying to tell me is that I'll be buying a ticket to Vegas soon??

Producer J. said...

I'm saying nothing of the sort! I have no official information... and when I do get it... I won't be allowed to tell it for a while. Unless Sandi can come up with a different translation...

susan said...

Awww, I hate that word!!

sandi said...

hmmm...i thought an embargo was some kind of boat thing... ;-)

Carrie with Children said...

Okay so I couldn't sleep last night and kept thinking up scenarios for today's announcement. lol :)

So..what you are telling me is that you will know hours before the rest of the world, but are sworn to secrecy until the embargo is lifted in the "undetermined city" that just happens to be in the Pacific time zone.

Do you at least get to go to that part of the announcment too?? Hope so!