Sunday, April 15, 2007

All in the Family

My dad builds sawmills for a living. I've spent the last 2 days scheduling logs. I think it all seems fitting doesn't it?

The hardest part about going on vacation is getting there. I'm using 104 hours of vacation time for this trip. But I had to work an extra 13 hours this weekend just to be able to go. I spent the bulk of the day at the studio today, and tonight am breathing MUCH easier! My intern is lined up on a bunch of projects, logs are done until I get back and I've booked everything I can book.

I wish I could say things at home were that organized. They're getting there. I have a very very very long list of things to knock out tomorrow, including little things like picking up my Rx and getting cash and/or traveler's checks for the trip. Poor Gary. I'm barking orders like a general as I run around like crazy. Where's the camera charger? Field trip permission slips? I have to pack school lunches for the week. Don't forget to sign the report card. What time is it in New Zealand now? Do I even have a watch to take? No, I have no idea where you park for jury duty, how on EARTH did you even get it tomorrow?

The best part about blogging is that I get to sit still for a few minutes to do it. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the stressing that takes place before going away on vacation. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it because you try to anticipate everything that you're responsible for and either arrange for coverage and get it done ahead of time. By the time you officially start vacation, you're exhausted and it takes a day or two to wind down. At least you'll have a nice, long flight to destress.

I have faith that everything will all work out and you'll get everything done that needs to get done before you set foot on the plane. Hope you get to use that 13 hours as comp time.

Have a wonderful time!

Paula

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight, and a wonderful time!!! I'll miss you. :)