Saturday, April 14, 2007

Name that song!

This Highway 16 subscriber email is what has occupied half of mine and Jay Thomas's brains this weekend:

I was just wondering who sings a song with the lyrics, "on a beach selling a tiki torch" or "on a beach selling tiki torches. " Well thats what it sounds like to me.

As soon as I read this, I knew I'd heard the song recently too. But I couldn't come up with it to save my life. I gave him some clues that I remembered, and he threw back some songs that he'd ruled out, and I picked through the Highway 16 database looking for something that jogged my memory. Alas, we came up empty handed, and it drove us both crazy into the weekend.

Until this afternoon when he called me to say he'd solved the mystery! Now. Can you?

I'll see if anyone gets it on the email alone before giving you the clues that I remembered about the song.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

J, you're killin' me! I've been trying to find out the song title and artist for AGES! Solve the mystery, pretty please!

Pam said...

Isn't She Carolina Rain

Selling MArgaritas from a Tiki Bar

Pam said...

OOPS messed up the lyric LOL

"Isnt she long gone by now I heard she was living in a west coast town selling margaritas form a tiki hut on the beach..."

Anonymous said...

I *love* that song!!

Producer J. said...

Pam YOU win the Highway 16 Road Crew Member of the day!

It drove Jay and I NUTS. I could remember it was a male singing, and that I thought it was one of our Rookie Drivers. I remembered the idea of the song was that the girl was supposed to be somewhere else. But then I was stuck.

I went through all the Jason Michael Carrol / Eric Church / Heartland music... Jay heard it today and solved the mystery before my brain exploded.

Now. Anonymous - was it you that sent the email? Or just coincidence that you were wondering about the same song. And are you a Mr. Anonymous, or a Ms. Anonymous?

Pam said...

It was driving me nuts too LOL So I Googled what I thought the title was and got nowhere. FInally I googled Country Music Charts and clicked on the ACC Top 40 and started looking at titles, She Is caught my eye, from there I went to iTunes to listen and that was the song.

Mystery solved. Helps that Jim is out of town and I had time on my hands LOL

Anonymous said...

Ms Anonymous and no, it wasn't me who emailed about the song. Actually I'm buddies with Pam and had driven her crazy trying to figure out the song over a month ago so when I read your blog entry, I was like....its THAT song again! Luckily Pam was able to hunt it down this time!

Thanks Pam!

Karen in Winnipeg, Canada

The Travis Family said...

Does anyone know the name of a country song that came out this year abou the guy singing about trying to find the same feeling he had with this girl and can't. He talks about going and doing all sorts of different things and nothing feels the same like how he feels with her. I can't find it anywhere!

Anonymous said...

it's called "Isn't She" by carolina rain. you can find it on itunes