Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just in case I've never mentioned it....

... my daughter is a bit of a Taylor Swift fan.
I think there are 16 assorted Taylor pictures on her bedroom door that she's cut out of various magazines or pulled out of CD's. There are a couple of more posters hung up inside her room next to Hannah, Selena, and the JB's. But only Taylor is on the door.
So the question is NOT how big of a Taylor fan Delaynie is. But rather... how dedicated Delaynie's mom is. Tomorrow morning tickets go on sale for her Nashville show. Which is great, because I was thinking we were gonna have to drive to Louisville. But I'm hearing she's selling out pretty quickly.
Are there people camping out at the Sommet Center? Will my building pass do me any good to get in early? (Umm... no.) Should I put TicketMaster on speed dial? Do I assign an intern to Ticketmaster.com? Will Delaynie be happy just to be in the building, even though with her bad eyesight we are probably going to be so far away she'd have a better view of Taylor staring at her bedroom door? How far is a Mom willing to go for her daughter's 'tween obsession. (You'll note, I didn't bother trying for Jonas Brothers tickets. But they are small potatoes compared to Taylor.)
Stay tuned....


8 comments:

Sean Harding said...

Good luck. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting an ulcer when I'm trying to get tickets I really want...

Producer J. said...

I normally do NOT deal with this stuff. I'm still not sure I'm going to even try... I'm thinking we can sit in my office and hear the show...

Jona said...

Oh, I'm sure it would be awesome for her to get to go to Taylor's concert!
It is cool just to be in the room! At least I think so, who don't have the chance to see many country concerts.
I have a daughter who is a big fan of Taylor too. She don't put pictures up of her favorites anymore. To bad, I think thats cute.
(OK, there are a calendar of Orlando Bloom on her wall)

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck J!

Paula said...

I think you need to do it. Even if you don't get great seats, nothing beats being in the same room live with all of the energy.

Going online will probably be your best option, since getting through on the phone line is just about impossible.

Good luck!!

Producer J. said...

I've decided to do the online route. I'm not TERRIBLY worried... because I'm sure I can beg some tickets from the label.... but September is a long time away and who knows where any of us will be employed by then. So I figured it was better to not take chances and get tickets in hand.

Main said...

Great that you will try to get tickets. It is what I would do too.

Took the kids to see Shakira a while back and in 10 days, we are going to see Tiziano Ferro (Lorenzo's fav Italian singer). We are all looking forward to it.

Lynette said...

Could be worse, it could be Kurt Cobain and Nirvana!! Although that still could happen....be afraid, at 13 my daughter changed overnight from idolising the Olsen twins to idolising Cobain etc.

As for Taylor,

On the Australian Country chart, she's at number 1 with Fearless for the fourth week in a row, and at number 8 with her self titled album. This is no mean feat when the scope for Country music is a lot smaller here than in the USA.

I work in a high school and was quite surprised in class a few weeks ago when some yr 8 girls were singing Love Story.

Congrats on the tickets.