Thursday, August 06, 2009

Jitters

So I've turned in my first couple of pieces for my new writing gig, and now I wait. Nervously. Will they like them? Did I do them right? This company follows the AP style guide for writing, which is not what I'm used to at all. Basically, AP took everything you learned in English class and reversed it, and threw in a few more things just for fun. Why they can't abbreviate states with two letters like the rest of us mortals, I don't know.

Hopefully... I'll have a link to share tomorrow. I'm due to post a big piece on Monday, but I did a couple of little "test run" things first.

14 comments:

Sean Harding said...

Ha, yeah, I learned AP style in school (journalism degree), so I sometimes have the opposite problem. It's mostly worn off by now -- I'd have to consult the AP Stylebook if I really needed to write something in AP style at this point.

Congrats on your first submissions!

Paula said...

Can't wait to read them.

Producer J. said...

Sean, you can be my proof reader!

Sean Harding said...

I'm happy to proof read any time you need it :-)

sandi said...

congrats!!! I can't wait. :)

Producer J. said...

Well apparently you're gonna have to keep waiting! LOL -- I'm not getting trained on the software until next week to be able to post myself, so in the meantime, I'm at the mercy of someone else to post my stuff... which didn't happen today.

Kendel said...

Ugh I am so sick of the different styles. I wish Belmont would just pick one and make all the profs stick to it. I've had to do every style you can imagine. MLA is probably my favorite because it's the first format I learned. Also, thanks for the secret message. I like it :)

Unknown said...

Still nothing Ms. Swift...I gather nothing gets posted over the weekend.

Producer J. said...

LOL -- I have the smartest blog readers in the world! And yes, I was feeling a little Taylor-ish.

JUST got confirmation that one of my stories is going up tomorrow! Wooo Hoo!

sandi said...

yeay!!

Paula said...

Cute first article...so great to see you have another outlet for your writing skills. :-)

Paula said...

I give up on trying to leave a comment there...or maybe you'll see the same one duplicated once the site catches up. :-p

Producer J. said...

LOL -- I didn't even realize you could comment there. I have a lot to learn yet!

Unknown said...

Congrats J!