Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Grammy Award

Every day on Facebook I post (usually my first post of the day) a post of gratitude and thankfulness. It just seems like a good way to start the day. Today's post was...

Joyce Rizer is very thankful for our Christmas gift from Dave & Jen... even though we won't officially meet our present until late summer!

So the answers to the FAQ are...

1. Since December 18th! Hardest secret to keep, ever. We were the first to know outside of the doctor's office. But then it became this little treasure that we had all to ourselves, and once we got permission to tell (they wanted to wait to get through the first trimester) I kind of didn't want to give it up!

2. They gave us a family gift for Christmas... a webcam... a card that said "Our family is growing by two feet"... and a pair of baby socks. I knew as soon as I saw the webcam.

3. They don't know... and say they don't want to find out in advance. Way more willpower than I have.

4. August 1st. Which, if you're doing the math, puts me at 38.

5. I can't decide. Gary is going to be "Gramps" ~ which is what I called him when we were dating. I was leaning towards "Grams" (one syllable, easy to say) but I think Granny J. has a ring to it, and there's part of me that thinks Grammie is just adorable.

I intend to be the coolest, hippest, funnest G-something around.

11 comments:

bll said...

Aww, bless! Being Irish both grandmothers were called 'Grans' and Mum's Dad was 'Grampers' and Da's father was 'Grandda'.

Doesn't matter what the wee ones call you, they'll soak up the love regardless.

susan said...

Aww, how exciting! Congratulations to you and Gary! Oh and Delaynie must be so excited to be an Auntie!:)
I became a Gramma just a couple years ago at 39 and it still seems very strange calling myself that.lol They live about 3 hours away and we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. It was always great to watch them on the webcam.....it's the next best thing to being there.:)

Paula said...

Granny J. does have a cool vibe, but I agree with Barbara, it doesn't matter what they call you.

Jona said...

Aww, congratulations! :) I love newborn babies!
I'm sure you will be the coolest of all grandmothers no matter what you decide you wanna be called. Granny J sounds cool :)

sandi said...

how the heck am I older than you?? :)

Felicitaciones!!!! so incredibly excited!!!!

Producer J. said...

Did I do the math wrong? I did that to my brother on his birthday.

WAIT -- are you saying I'm OLD?

My birthday is August 2nd.. baby is due August 1st, which as long as it's not late... I'll still be 38, yes? Yes. I think.

math is hard.

sandi said...

LMAO okay, you win. maybe the baby will be late. ;-)

Producer J. said...

Hoping baby is early -- August has SUCH an ugly birthstone.

Dakota's nana said...

This little one will have the coolest Grand of all, no matter what she is called. Bet Delaynie is so excited, she will be the coolest Aunt also. Congrats to all.

Paula said...

Sarah!!!! How are you and how are Dakota, Avery, Kelly, David and the rest of the family? Any plans to see Garth in Vegas? Is Dakota still playing the fiddle? Please fill us in, either here or at PG.

Paula

Producer J. said...

Ditto what Paula said! I don't go to PG, so fill us in here, or send some photos. JMRizer at aol dot com. So good to hear from you! Gosh... Dakota is a TEENAGER now!