Monday, December 01, 2008

Back to the Real World

Happy Monday everyone! Back to the grind today.

One of the things I got done on my (very relaxing, peaceful, refreshing) vacation was most of my Christmas shopping. I'm one of the nuts that goes out on Black Friday. I got my neices and nephews and Delaynie all done, and Dave & Jen mostly finished. Brad's probably going to get gift cards, LOL.

Other than shopping, it was a lot of munchkin time. One thing I learned though... next time, bring earplugs! Everyone else in the house was up before 7am (that was EASTERN time) talking, watching tv, banging dishes, doing laundry. Even when I'd try to take a nap, someone would start up the washer, which was right outside our room. Fortunately, we came home Saturday, so Sunday I slept in all the way until 8:30!

I didn't have any satellite radio this trip... we put my XM in Gary's truck, which decided to blow it up or something a few hours into our journey. So it really was a week without work. (Of course, most of the music world wasn't working Thursday or Friday either.) I'm looking forward to getting into the office today and catching up.

Keith Anderson is coming in today... he's filling in for Storme all week -- hear him from 4-8pm Eastern on The Highway! Sirius 60 / XM 16 / DirecTV Channel 814 / DISH Network Channel 6060.

7 comments:

shamelesslee2 said...

So glad you had a great time and you are definitely a better woman than I am if you braved the Black Friday crowds!!

One question? Why do Keith Anderson fans have to hear about something like this from somewhere other than his fan club?? If you wouldn't had posted this we wouldn't know till after it was all said and done. Enough ranting!

Thank you for letting us know BTW.

Jona said...

Glad you had a great time. And welcome home :) I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping too. And it feels good, 'cause I'm usually out shopping the last day...

Pam said...

I didn't venture out to the stores on Black Friday......However we did venture over to Bluebonnet Used Cars on Friday to buy my oldest a newer vehicle. She had been driving the van which was 13 years old and had 188,000+ miles on it. So we were out doing our best to beat the recession LOL .

Did do some Christmas shopping on Saturday when Jim and I were on our getaway in downtown San Antonio. 48 hours with NO KIDS !!! WOOHOO !!!

Glad you had a great vacation.

Paula said...

Welcome back. Maddie is precious.

I can't believe I went out on Black Friday, but I did. I think it's only the third time in my life that I stepped foot into a store on the day after Thanksgiving. The stores actually weren't that crowded.

Has Storme gone on vacation?

Producer J. said...

Yes, he's on that country cruise he does for his tv show.

Sean Harding said...

A cruise! Must be rough :-p

aimbechard said...

I'm with shamelesslee2 in regards to Thanking you about Keith being on for the week. We would have never known. :)

You must ask Keith about his cruise experience that he had back in 2006. ;)

Please let Keith know that his traveling buddy misses him.

To both of you- Have a Happy Holiday Season.

Maddie is very precious!