Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Facebook Addiction

At night, when I can't sleep... I kill time on Facebook. Mostly I like to have the time to look through people's photo albums. Usually that's so I can see kids grow up in a matter or moments, or swipe decorating ideas. But sometimes there's some funny stuff too.

For instance, tonight. I have a friend who is a Titans cheerleader. She also works for another media outlet. (Sandi you may have met her in Vegas... we did the Orange Carpet together.) Her longtime boyfriend is the nephew of a Country Music Hall of Famer. This much I knew. So I'm flipping through photos of parties, and ball games and superstar-laced family events, and I crack up laughing, because of all things... her boyfriend-with-the-famous-uncle who grew up half a country away, had a babysitter as a kid... who I know now as a record label publicist here in Nashville. And not for the famous uncle's record label! Small world, eh? And getting smaller by the click.

So... what's the funniest thing you've learned or seen on Facebook or MySpace?

9 comments:

Pam said...

I don't have a FaceBook account and I only have a myspace account so I can keep up with my fave artists and one author.

Paula said...

Ditto Pam.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and, for those being slammed by storms, stay safe...I'll be hunkering down tomorrow.

shamelesslee2 said...

I was "found" by two friends I had lost touch with after my move down south 20 yrs ago. We'd all been looking for each other on the net but it wasn't till I signed up for Facebook that we finally got connected. Even got the chance to spend time with one when I went home this past summer.

Jona said...

I have both a myspace and a facebook account. I'm really addicted to them. LOL I have found old friends from elementary school on facebook. That is nice :) And both places makes me able to keep in touch with my oversea friends :) Thats actually the best part!

sandi said...

I've been reconnecting with friends from high school that I haven't seen in 20 years. Literally. And wishing that people that had signed my yearbook had written their last names as well, cause I remember very few of them! Anyway, one of them that I remember because we ended up at the same college has SEVEN Christmas trees in her home. SEVEN. She's a mess. :)

. said...

All of my friends from high school keep getting engaged. (I'm a senior in college now.) It's basically a daily thing and, while I'm happy for them, I'm also a bit perturbed by the trend.

Sharon said...

Not sure it's 'funny' although I'm not in the picture so maybe it is.

I have a friend who has picture of a mutual friend up on her facebook page. He's having a really good time - drinking a beer - at a local park. She took the picture of him sitting in his work truck, although I'm not sure if he was on the clock or not. Problem is - he works for the City Parks Department. The City Logo is on the door of the truck. hmmm Think alcohol in a government truck might be grounds for getting fired? Told her about it - she sees nothing wrong with the pic -it's still up on her facebook page.

Funny - depends on who you talk to about that one.

Producer J. said...

Hmmm... was there anyone else in the picture? Because someone behind the wheel of a truck drinking a beer definitely isn't funny.

I'm thinking you need to provide a link for all of us to judge for ourselves!

Kendel said...

I haven't really encountered anything funny on my facebook or myspace accounts. The pictures always interest me though. I see wild sides from friends I'd never expect it from lol.