Wednesday, January 28, 2009

They're Comin' to Your City

It's a Big & Rich 3 Ring Circus on the Music Row Happy Hour.

Today we played a new John Rich song called... called... it's so new I can't remember the title. "Burning Detroit Down." I think. When the label brought over an unmastered copy to play it for us yesterday, the song was 8 days old... the recording 4 days old. After taking many calls on the song during his show tonight, Storme got a phone call from Mr. Rich, who was somewhere out of town promoting his solo project.

Tomorrow... Big Kenny is coming by. He's doing a film screening at the Hall of Fame, and will swing by around 5pm ET to promote his solo documentary project.

Next Tuesday... Two Foot Fred is coming in. Why? I don't know. Maybe because someone needs to promote Big & Rich together? As a duo? With a tour coming up?

We've also got Dusty Drake coming in tomorrow (was going to be today, but we had a snow day) to talk about his new song, The 12th Man, which is in support of one of the Super Bowl contenders. Tune in to find out which one!

5 comments:

Sean Harding said...

A snow day? For serious? How much snow was there? It snowed a couple of times last time I was there, but it didn't stick at all. I don't think that qualifies as a snow day ;-)

bll said...

How badly did Nashville get hit with ice, J? Ohio got snow, ice and more snow (we've got 9 inches on the ground where I am). Driving is not advised.

Sean Harding said...

This probably isn't something you control, but I just got the "Highway Patrol" music survey, and on the first page where it asks what my favorite music channel is, it says "The Highwas" instead of "The Highway" (in the dropdown menu). Also, it asks how long I've been listening to "SIRIUS New Country" and how much time I spend listening to "SIRIUS New Country." Confusing branding!

Producer J. said...

I have no idea what that is Sean -- is it something you can forward to me via email?

joyce dot rizer at xmradio dot com

Sean Harding said...

Will do. Thanks.