Friday, January 30, 2009

Protecting the Guilty?

Billy didn't name names.... but just because he's protecting the guilty doesn't mean I have to!

"Someone from the Grand Ole Opry came up to me the the other day," he recalls. "We were in an airport, and I've sung on the Opry with this lady 500 times, so we know each other. We were getting on the same plane, and she was like, 'Oh my God, Dierks! What's goin' on?' She gives me this big hug, and I'm thinking, 'Should I tell her?' I never told her. [laughs] So 30 minutes later, she's sitting by her husband who's also on the Grand Ole Opry, and I walk past him, and he's like, 'Billy, what's up, man?' And she's like, 'That's not Billy. That's Dierks.' And I'm like, 'No ... I'm Billy.'"
-- TheBoot.com

I can come up with two married couples on the Opry, but only one that plays there regularly enough that he'd have sung with her 500 times (or at least, a whole bunch.)

7 comments:

Kendel said...

Oooo I think I know. I love country gossip. Perez never has this stuff lol.

bll said...

Hmmm the only two married Opry couples I can think of off hand are Garth and Trisha and Marty Stuart and Connie Smith. We know its not Garth and Trisha!

Paula said...

I forgot about Marty and Connie...my sister will never forgive me. I thought of two other married couples.

The third is Vince Gill and Amy Grant.

So...who was it?

Sean Harding said...

LOL, that's hilarious.

Producer J. said...

I am sure Amy has played the Opry a time or two, but I doubt Billy would have sang with her.

I'm guessing it was Marty & Connie.

sandi said...

That's who I thought of as well, J. Awesome. :)

Producer J. said...

Ok, I feel rotten... because I completely overlooked another Opry couple, until I was listening to the Opry last night on XM....

Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White

I'm still thinkin' it was Marty & Connie though...