Monday, February 02, 2009

Protecting the Innocent, Revealing the Guilty.... husband

I'm not sure I can tell this story while protecting the innocent while I expose the guilty, but in this case it's my husband who's guilty, and it's so funny... I just have to try. He's going to be the only one I name by name. Feel free to email me if you can't stand not knowing the artists involved... I just don't want it to show up in some Google alert that their children gets, ok? So here we go...

My husband was a fan of an artist who died tragically at a young age... and he's always blamed the artist's wife for his death. Artist's wife is also an artist, and my hubby can't stand to hear wife on the radio, because... in his mind, the wife killed him. Even though it was not any sort of murderous circumstance, and Gary was no where near Nashville at the time, and therefore, has no evidence of such a thing. He just knows....it was her fault.

Ok, let's give everyone names. We'll call him Allen Artist, and his wife Susie Singer.

So Gary went out of town last weekend, traveling by car with several other managers from his district. And Donna Driver put on some music. The conversation then went something like this.

Gary: "Susie Singer? Ugh, I hate her!"
Driver: "How can you hate her, she's great! I have all her CD's."
Gary: "She killed Allen Artist you know."
Driver: "What? Shut up."
Gary: "I'm serious. She drove him to [what lead to his death] and if it wasn't for Susie Singer, Allen Artist would still be alive today."
Driver: "I'm serious too. Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about."
Gary: "Ask anyone. They'll tell you. Susie killed Allen."
Driver (getting very upset): "You need to stop that right now. I mean it."
Gary: "Fine... but I'm right. Susie killed Allen."
Driver: "You know my cashier, Candy?"
Gary: "Yeah..."
Driver: "Did you know her last name was Singer?"
Gary: "No..."
Driver: "She's Allen and Susie's daughter."

They listened to Susie's music.

And of course... I had to go look at photos from a charity event we did a couple of months ago that "Candy" was with us at... she doesn't really look like either of her parents... but in this town, you can't make that kind of thing up...

15 comments:

Producer J. said...

And please... if you comment and guess... do not use full names.

:-) Thanks!

J. <--- married to the man with the foot stuck in his mouth...

Jennifer said...

i have no guess but I want to know....

kissncry said...

I don't follow country music that closely, but I'm dying to know too. Maybe some initials or a hint?

Jona said...

Same here, dying to know...

susan said...

I can only think of one couple....did the husband die of alcohol poisoning?

Pam said...

That was going to be my guess too.

sandi said...

GARY said this? LMAO!! I have to know now!

Producer J. said...

Yes Susan, he did. Much too young.

Unknown said...

If its who I'm thinking of, "Susie" came to a Rotary meeting with her current (now ex) hubby when he was running for political office in my home state of Louisiana a couple of years ago, which he lost by a landslide.

Unknown said...

Forgot to say I covered that meeting for the paper I work for and got to chat with the couple.

Unknown said...

I always thought it was Susie's fault, myself! She looked way too chipper when she was on with Ralph Emery just a few days after his (Allen's) death, IMO also.

Jona said...

I think Allen maybe is mentioned in the music video of my favorite song from my favorite singer...?

bll said...

I think Susie is also the daughter of a GOO long time member.

Jona, I think you're right :)

J, I'm trying to not laugh at Gary, but that is funny!

Producer J. said...

I do have the smartest blog readers in the world!

Let's not go telling my hubby about the little laugh we had at his expense, k?

sandi said...

I'm not responsible for what I say if you make me drink guavaberry coladas. ;-)