Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Taylor Obsession

Like all other girls, my 10 year old daughter went through the Hannah Montana phase. She watched the TV show, went to the concert, bought the junk that was hawked everywhere, and sang along with the CD's.

Hannah, however, was merely the Opening Act. Because as an 11 year old, the Hannah Infatuation made way for the Taylor Obsession. And I'm beginning to think it's getting out of hand.

We sat down tonight to watch TV, which is something I haven't done in... WEEKS. At least. And I'm flipping through the TiVo, I watch "Headline Country" and then we check out the stuff in the TAYLOR SWIFT category. You know... you tell your TV to record anything that Taylor Swift shows up on. And guess what? You show up on a lot of things when you're the best selling musical artist in the universe.

So first we watch the Grammy special. Fast forwarded through Lil' Wayne and Katy Perry, but I did watch Justin Timberlake. Then we watched a ridiculously old episode of GAC Nights that apparently repeated recently. However, the Taylor fix was not yet met... and as soon as I flipped back to Live TV, guess what? The GAC show with the making of the Love Story video was on.

And for 30 minutes all I heard was "She's SOO funny! Oh my gosh she's funny. I love Taylor, she's so funny. Isn't Taylor funny mommy?" And then my favorite, when they did the little sketch at the end of the show, and Delaynie is on the living room floor laughing hysterically:

"Oh. My. Gosh! She's so funny! She's the funniest teenager that's famous that I've ever met!"

Ok kiddo. Reality check. She's the ONLY famous teenager that you've ever met.

So THEN she says... "Hey, how about I go upstairs and get the Beautiful Eyes DVD and we can watch some more videos?"

Stop the madness! I swear... I was never like this over Van Halen.

10 comments:

Kendel said...

Oh, the things my poor mother had to deal with during my Reba obsession (that has lasted 20+years) lol. Just be glad she's not into that rap music. That's what I'd tell my parents whenever they'd get annoyed with the never ending Reba-ness.

Sean Harding said...

What?! You guys didn't watch the White Horse premiere on CMT tonight??? ;-)

sandi said...

She could be obsessed with worse things. :)

Jona said...

I think she is cute with her obsession. And Taylor is a great rolemodell to have :)
I am still this obsessed with Garth... ;)

Oh, the White horse video was so beautiful and sad.

Mary Ann said...

I was that obsessed with the soundtrack of "West Side Story" and my father finally said if he heard that song, "Maria" one more time, he would break the record in half. I used to sit down next to the hifi with my ear next to the record player so no one else could hear me playing that album. Now, I have the CD and I still love that music.

Pam said...

I think I probably was that obsessed with Donny Osmond and David Cassidy. LOL And shhhhhhh don't tell my daughter that Taylor Swift is at the San Antonio Stock show and Rodeo. Shhhhhhhhh

DaveBrz said...

Taylor backstage at the Grammys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpNngWFFVT8

bll said...

There are definately worst things she could be obssessed with. I went through a serious John Denver phase that resulted in my meeting him, becoming friends and playing music semi professionally.

I'm a bit old for Taylor's demographics, but she writes well, and speaks with a young lady's voice. Her Mum and Dad should be very proud of her.

Producer J. said...

Woah -- Breaking News! Do you mean to tell me that CMT actually showed a VIDEO!

Were they all out of Pure Country re-runs and trashy TV shows about redneck weddings and cheerleaders?

bll said...

"Woah -- Breaking News! Do you mean to tell me that CMT actually showed a VIDEO!"



ROTFLMAO!!!!

Best response I've seen!