Friday, February 06, 2009

The week that was....

This week was incredibly productive, and it flew by! It was quiet at the office, with Kyle, Jon & Amy all out all week. I'm getting settled into a nice little routine with the Roadhouse programming I've been doing for Kyle, and I actually make it home in time to have dinner with my family a couple of nights this week! Life is good. And it's getting better -- because my Spring intern started on Monday! Woo hoo! Her name is Sydney and she's here from... Idaho.

Gary is teasing me that I keep going further and further for interns. So far I've had Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Florida, and now Idaho. Now accepting applications from Hawaii....

Someone needs to remind me on Monday to ask Billy Currington about the little story below. He'll be on the Music Row Happy Hour around 4pm ET. My other big projects for next week are editing a Jake Owen World Premiere and writing a Zac Brown Band episode of Driver's Ed. I brought the CD home with me this weekend.

First though -- I have to get through a 12 year old's birthday party. We've got like 12 kids coming over to the house... I have no idea where we're gonna stash them all. And about half a dozen haven't RSVP'd, so I really don't know how many to expect.

Guavaberry Coladas by dinner time, I promise you!

I know this is a pretty uninspiring blog entry, but I just wanted to say hey to everyone. I think Sydney might start guest blogging soon... then you'll get the real scoop!

7 comments:

Jona said...

Hi :)
Good luck with the birthday party :) They are always exhausting, but nice to I think!

Glad your getting a intern soon. Maybe you get more evenings to eat dinner with your family.

How about applications from Norway.... LOL I have a daughter who studies Media & communications... ;)

Producer J. said...

She would be most welcome! How old is she?

sandi said...

I think I know the Billy C. story you're talking about... what the heck was that about?? The Zac Brown Band was fantastic, in spite of me just knowing one song! Have fun with the bday party. :)

Paula said...

I've been listening to you on the Roadhouse this morning. :-)

That driver's ed show should be...interesting. I like the CD...I've had it in rotation in my car's CD player for a few weeks now.

Have fun with the birthday party!

Jona said...

My daughter is 18 this year. She needs to finish this year and another first though :)

Oh, I forgot! Wish your daughter a happy birthday from us! :)

Sean Harding said...

Yay for interns!

If I were you, I'd be looking for internSHIPs in Hawaii, rather than interns ;-)

Glad you had a good week!

Producer J. said...

I like the way you think Sean... maybe I need to go on a recruiting mission.

I never did remember to tell my parents that I was on the Roadhouse.