Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Public Apology to Connie

As anyone who knows me knows, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. And with regards to my earlier post about Billy Currington, I owe Connie Smith an apology.

When Billy was in the studio yesterday, I asked him about the story, in front of someone from his management office (who had also read the story and thought it was Connie Smith.) Turns out, it not only wasn't Connie Smith, it was apparently bad journalism.

The couple in question aren't married, nor is she an Opry member. In fact, it's not anyone any of you will have ever heard of. They completely got the story wrong.

So my most humble, sincere apologies to Connie Smith, who undoubtably knows the difference between Billy Currington and Dierks Bentley. On behalf of myself AND the bad journalist who led me to think otherwise.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm betting Connie is a forgiving person.

I actually was refreshed by the story. You know when you meet some of these famous people in person in 'regular street clothes and no makeup' they don't look anything like their photo op pictures.

It was kinda cool to know somebody 'in the buz' could get them confused too!