Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Why Taylor Swift ROCKS


Not that there was ever any doubt in my mind about what an awesome young lady Taylor Swift is, I know I've blogged about this before. But I just have to share how wonderful she was with Delaynie yesterday.

We were working at the Music Row studio we use, and it was completely a zoo. We were there doing a Driver's Ed with Heidi Newfield. Keith Anderson was there doing a radio tour. And Taylor came in to co-host Country Countdown USA with Lon Helton.

Now I had no idea that either Taylor or Keith would be working out of the same place that day. But it just so happened that when Delaynie got dressed that morning, she wore her tiara that I brought home from Taylor Swift's Prom party. For no other reason than - I have a crazy kid that sometimes wears a tiara. I secretly think she tells her friends that Taylor gave it to HER.

So when I learned Taylor was on her way in, I made mention to my buddy JZ at Big Machine that Delaynie was here, and if possible, I'd love for her to just be able to say hello. He tells me that it shouldn't be a problem if we can wait until after she cuts the show.

I'm in the studio with our Heidi session and JZ comes and taps on the glass. He asks if I can have Delaynie out in the common area, that Taylor is just wrapping up.

So she's out there, reading a book. Y'all know by now that I'm not one to force meetings with celebrities, if it happens, it happens. (I may never hear the end of taking Delaynie to Nashville Star and not introducing her to Hannah Montana's dad, even though he was 3 feet away.) We get done with Heidi about the time Taylor gets done and she and Heidi hook up and start doing girl talk. Delaynie's sitting in the hall with her nose in a book, and I'm just waiting for the appropriate moment that I can introduce her to Taylor. Turns out, that wasn't going to be necessary.

I see Taylor come out and kind of scan the room, and she walks past me and Jon and Lon everyone and goes and sits down on the couch next to Delaynie.

"Hi, what's your name?"

She compliments her on the cool name, and then says, "I have decided that we have the exact same curly hair." And they sit there and talk about their wild and crazy hair. And Radio Disney. And Delaynie is just beaming. I wander over and tell her that Delaynie is my daughter and they talk about her tiara and I tell her that she just happened to be wearing it, we had no way of knowing that we'd be seeing Taylor, and she says that that is the coolest thing and tells Delaynie "thanks for representing!"

So then she asks Delaynie if someone has a camera that they could take a picture together. Of course... I do. ;-) So they do a photo, and then Taylor says "Now let's make funny faces."


And then Delaynie spent the rest of the night calling her friends to tell them that she'd met Taylor Swift and they have the exact same hair.

And THAT is why this young lady has sold 3 million albums and kids - and moms - all over America love love love her. Because we want people that treat our daughters like they are the most special person in the universe. Because they are.

I'm sure Taylor's mom knows that.

9 comments:

Skywise said...

A very cool happening for Delaynie!

Awesome to hear about Taylor swift too- she impresses me with her music, and to hear of her character - that impresses me more!

Paula said...

You definitely earned some points there. I was able to open the first picture to see it better, but not the second picture. I wonder if that picture will show up somewhere else.

Paula

Jona said...

Awwwww, this is awesome. I LOVE Taylor, and even more after reading this. I think she is the most wonderful young woman I have ever heard of. I have read so many nice things about her. And she is really talented too.
I bet her parents are proud of her. They have done an amazing job raising that young Lady!

shamelesslee2 said...

How cool for Delaynie! You know she'll remember those moments for a lifetime.

Keith?!? Any pics of him?? LOL

On my way to Best Buy in a few to get my second copy of C'mon that was released yesterday. Yes that's a plug if anyone is asking~I'm on his street team!

Unknown said...

How awesome for Delaynie! I'm glad Taylor was so cool and sweet to her. Definitely a memory to treasure for a lifetime. Glad you got some pics to remember the moment.

Taylor is such a sweet, kind and intelligent young lady - definitely an amazing role models for young girls like your daughter that parents can approve of - especially after reading things like this. She is great with her young fans. Other artists could take a lesson on that.

Very cool!

sandi said...

That was such a goosebump moment, J! :D Love it. Taylor was a doll in Vegas.

Pam said...

Awwww that was sweet of Taylor.

Tried to Buy Keith's cd yesterday but apparently the Targets here in south central TX didn't get their shipments of CDs ARGH !!!

Was in Bass Pro Shops yesterday checking out and Trent was playing in the store. VERY COOL

Producer J. said...

No, sorry... no Keith pictures.

I do however, have an XM WORLD PREMIERE of his album, which has not yet aired. I'm hoping that his record label is going to decide to let us put it on the air at some point...

Hollye said...

That is awesome. Will you adopt me and let me come to work with you? I've told you...you ever need an assistant for ANYTHING...call me.

And yeah for Delaynie. She is an amazing young lady and I have enjoyed getting to know her. She is well loved by the four legged members of my family. I think Maxie spends half of her day looking out the front window for Delaynie. She spoiled my dog.