Tuesday, August 05, 2008

And the new Nashville Star is....

Melissa Lawson! Very cool. She will join Jon Anthony live tomorrow around 1:45 Eastern on Highway 16.

I think this show turned out the best it can be. The four going on the Nashville Star Tour are going to offer a diverse package of entertainment. This is probably Melissa's best chance, because let's face it... 35 year old mothers of five aren't what the Nashville Record Labels are signing these days, so I'm estatic that she's going to get it. Gabe is going to get signed somewhere because John Rich has been waving his Hispanic Country Flag, and Shawn is going to get valuable experience on this tour and be a star in her own right some day.

You read it here first... I predict John Rich will be hosting next year's Nashville Star. I can see the wheels already spinning in his brain.

Watch this space tomorrow and learn why I **AM** the coolest mom in America. Or Tennessee, anyway. Ok, Nashville. Well... at least the coolest mom that Delaynie has.

9 comments:

Skywise said...

Congrats for Melissa- I agree with you, that she's not what record labels are targeting now, so this is good for her (can't hurt that's for sure!)

I think Gabe will be signed somewhere- I'd buy his album....

re: John Rich- PLEASE, PLEASE let this happen, Nashville Star powers that be.. He can't be anything but MILES ABOVE AND BEYOND better than Billy Ray.

Billy Ray was unwatchable... John made a great judge, as did jewel. Still, they need better talent, more contesants, SOMETHING to invigorate the show and make it somewhat like it was in the first year... (before the era of anastasia (shudder)

sandi said...

I'm SOOOOO happy for her!!! :D She can finally sing a good song. :P

And really...does NS *need* a host?

Unknown said...

Congrats Melissa!! I am so excited she won! I hope things go well for her.

Chris in Jax said...

I figured they were pushing Katie Cook into that role, but she turned out not to be much better than Billy Ray Teleprompter Cyrus. Would miss hearing John Rich's judging. Thought it was some of the best on any reality talent show.

DaveBrz said...

Congrats to Melissa - check out Entertainment Weekly article at http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/nashville-star.html

sandi said...

Thanks Dave. I can't wait to see what Melissa will do!

bll said...

I somehow don't think she'll get the push that Carrie Underwood has recieved via Idol.

sandi said...

A couple of other articles, with her mentioning "powerhouse ballads":

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/
whos_news/2008/08/
nashville-star.html

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/qa-nashville-st.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for those Sandi! Love her already!