Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday Late Night Ramblings

Howdy -- how's everyone doing? I feel like I haven't talked to you guys in forever.


It's going to be an exciting week at XM. Not like they've been dull lately here in MergerLand... LOL. We've done our few few interviews out of the new studios. Nashville Star Radio was done there this week -- our last episode. I hope you got to hear it, because I know some of you would have been interested in hearing Shawn talk about why she sang "The Dance" or heard what Melissa's favorite song to sing is. If you missed it, one last chance tomorrow (Monday) at Noon Eastern. Tomorrow night we'll know the winner! They'll be coming by XM on Tuesday to deliver their first single. I'm going to the show... not because I have to, but because... I feel like I've gone through the journey this far... I need to cross that finish line.


I think all three have good potential, but I did get to tell one contestant that Delaynie and I had voted for them. Shh! Don't tell the others!


Before we get to Nashville Star fun tomorrow night though, we're taping three - 3 - THREE - trois - tres - THREE shows tomorrow. All in a row. 10am, 11am, 12:30. At 2 different studios. Two ShortCuts, one Driver's Ed. I can't decide if that's incredibly efficient booking brilliance or sheer insanity.


When I was writing them, I was quite certain it was the latter. However, now that they're done and will be in the can ready to edit before my summer intern leaves me, I'm telling myself how brilliant it was.



It was incredibly hot here today, so I tried to stay inside as much as possible. My most productive thing of the day was to get my hubby to hang these new wrought iron pieces I got yesterday. (you'll just have to envision a cool, silver "R" in the middle of the top piece, it's not up yet.) Now if I could just figure out what to do with the windows in this room, I'd be happy.



Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of us moving into this house, following the House Closing from Hades. :-D We are definitely blessed!



I need to do a photo album of my pictures from Gillette Stadium -- I have some pretty cool shots of the concert. Have I blogged about the show? It was amazing. The only other stadium concert I've been to was George Strait a zillion years ago, and it was NOTHING like this. The production on this thing was incredible, I've not seen anything like it. Which is why he IS the four time and reigning consecutive in a row Entertainer of something or another and the 3 time consecutive one right after another winner of something else. ;-)



Big day tomorrow -- must get the munchkin off to bed.

8 comments:

Skywise said...

very cool Joyce!

enjoy the end of Nashville Star for this season- I saw that ratings were up something like 157% over last season.. sounds like it'd be something that will return next year...

don't much care terribly for any of the acts but of the ones left, I'm hoping for Gabe, followed by the heavier girl, then Shawn (in that order) I guess...

sandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY chickie!!! :P

Pam said...

I don't even want to hear anyone complain about hot weather LOL

I'm still hoping to get Jim to hang pictures and stuff before he leaves for Maryland on the 14th. He'll be gone for a year. (With Frequent visits) And I"m not putting up with bare walls for that amount of time LOL

I'll be watching Nashville Star tonight and pulling for Gabe.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!

Producer J. said...

well.. interesting update...

Jimmy Wayne called in sick today.

So just 2 shows.

Jona said...

Is it your birthday??
I hope you will have a great one!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Producer J. said...

No it's not, but thank you for the good wishes.

sandi said...

not today, anyway. :p