Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I stand corrected

I'll be the first to tell you, I'm not always right. And last night, I learned I was wrong about something.

There IS a Garth press conference scheduled. It's completely separate from the radio extravaganza that's about to be unleashed. Mr. Brooks apparently is a VERY busy boy for someone who's retired.

What I hope most comes out of this is that he comes out and says "I've changed my mind." Not giving 80 thousand justifications for how he's still retired yet continues to do all this stuff, but just admits - I can't be retired, I'm bored silly in Oklahoma while my wife is on tour, my girls, who only live with me every other day anyway, are in school, and I miss my incredibly fabulous fans.

That's the scenario in J.'s Perfect World. Of course we know... JPW doesn't seem to be there when she needs it to be, LOL.

We're taping a Sarah Johns Driver's Ed today, and then I'll be in to fill you in on the IBMA Nominations tomorrow on XM 14 Bluegrass Junction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I share the same hope of this press-conference :D I am very excited what will come out of this. And please, do take some pics... ;)(if you can!)

Skywise said...

a very nice post, Joyce! I agree- a simple "I've changed my mind" would be what I'd love to hear. interesting too, that it's goign to be evidently two diff. events that aren't connected?

good post!

Anonymous said...

I like your way of thinking... a simple "My bad, I'm bored now, I miss ya'll too much to stay gone!"

I fear that there won't be the kind of announcement we are hoping for, but we can always dream can't we.