Friday, October 27, 2006

DAMN that sounded good on the radio!

Thanks to Paula reminding me that it was on (DUH where was my brain!) I got to hear most of the Statlers concert tonight. WOW it sounded great coming through those XM speakers! I even got my dad to turn in to the last part of it, and he got to hear his favorite hym (Amazing Grace) by his favorite band and his favorite daughter voicing the credits.

I don't know what it is about those guys, but they TOTALLY have the power to perk up my day and put me in a good mood. And I tell you what, they sounded great on their last show. There are artists out there that I hear performing and I think "please, hang it up. you shouldn't still be singing in public." Don Reid sounded absolutely every bit as fabulous as he did when I was going to marry him in the early 80's. Even Delaynie came in at one point and asked how it was those guys held those notes out so long. LOL. Ahh... the days when singers really had to be able to sing.

Although I do have to wonder why Phil and Jimmy don't get to talk on stage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot. :o So glad you got to hear it, though!