Sunday, October 22, 2006

I leave the country and Country goes to Hell

Update Below - 8:50pm
Not that I'm suggesting a correlation, but good heavens! What is going on in country music! When the genre is generating more attention on People.com than Jessica Simpson, you know we're in trouble.

The Keith Urban situation just makes me sad. Talk about a guy who had it all. The statement said Nicole is by his side... I'm rooting for them. I first met Keith in his very dark days of drug abuse, and he was one of my least favorite people in country music. But I admire him for overcoming so much. Jon Anthony sat down with him a couple of weeks ago for a special that airs the week his album goes on sale. Will be interesting to listen to.

The Sara Evans story, on the other hand... is taboid heaven. I watched her pre-taped interview somewhere in the middle of the Carribbean, and wasn't impressed. I was doing ok until her dance partner came in and started hugging all over her. Her husband has responded to her divorce filing with some pretty serious allegations of his own...who knows what to believe. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I sure feel bad for those children.

On a brighter note, after a night on the East Coast of Florida and 7 nights sailing the Carribbean, I am well rested, fairly tan, and am completely buried under the mountain of work awaiting my return.

So. What's new in your world? And did you catch any of our new air talent on Highway 16 last week? Jay Thomas is his name (good thing I'm off 16, eh? Enough people assume Producer J. is a guy as it is!) and he'll eventually be doing an airshift later in the day.

Photos from vacation coming soon if you're interested. (Photo above is a beach on the dutch side of St. Maarten.)

Late evening update: Not only has Country gone to Hell, but Hell has frozen over.

Clearly, I needed to leave the country long ago, because the moment I thought would NEVER come - did. Garth Brooks has his own website.

Dear Santa -

Please bring me a "Property of Garth Brooks Road Crew" t-shirt for Christmas.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like heaven!!! We've always wanted to go to St. Maarten.

Shame about both Keith and Sara...
T's and P's to both.

Jay Thomas.... Hmmmm did he used to be a NY DJ???
I did hear him on the air...

Glad you had a good rest and you're back so we could get good scoops!!

Now about the reports of Garth being in NYC tomorrow and Tuesday... have any scoops for us on that?? :)

Producer J. said...

Sorry, I haven't been anywhere this week that they've even heard of Garth. I did see he launched an official website, shouldn't they have the news? I am completely scoop-less.

Jay was somewhere on the East Coast (Maryland, maybe?) but hasn't ever been in NYC to my knowledge.

St. Maarten is my new favorite Carribbean island.

Anonymous said...

We had a Jay Thomas here a while back.. was wondering if he was one and the same...

Nope no news anywhere on GB... :(

Pam said...

Welcome back :D

Pammy

Anonymous said...

YES I want to see pictures--that looks beautiful!

I hope Jay doesn't read your blog, cause so far not too impressed. :o

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard him yet, but I have caught a few road trips finally.:-)

Very sad to see the Sara/Craig saga splashed everywhere. I feel badly for the children. They both need to take lessons from Garth.:-)

As for Keith, I hope he's able to get the help he needs.

Glad to see you back, although I'm sure you're not sharing the same sentiment. You've been sorely missed.

Yes to pictures.

...and my credit card is going to be taking a severe beating!

Paula

Anonymous said...

oops!! Yes to pictures!!! I love pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to reality!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back J and yes, bring on the pics!

Anonymous said...

Still waiting on pics. :P

Producer J. said...

there are HUNDREDS of them. Patience.