Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Say hello to Sally Jo!

Ok Y'all - I've invited Sally, from New Hampshire, to hang out and experience our insanity. Please don't scare her off in the first 5 minutes. Sally is a Highway 16 listener that I met earlier this year (Fan Fair, yes?) and she's a huge Rascal Flatts fan but I'm not going to let any of you hold that against her. You know who you are.

Since I wiped this thing clean before I went on the cruise I resurrected a few old posts so the place wasn't so boring when she came in. I just remembered I skipped the Wreckers'#1 Party today, I'm totally failing in bringing you any scoop this week. The only other eventful thing on my calendar is a George Strait #1 party that you know George isn't going to show up for.

So Sally - in absolutely no particular order, a few of the characters you'll find hanging out here on a regular basis are:

Sharon #1 - married to a Grascal. Even if you don't like bluegrass, we all love the Grascals around here. It's required.
Sharon #2 - from South Dakota who loves Trace Adkins and Chris Young, but I don't let anyone hold either against her either.
Paula and 'Lish - both GarthNutts from Mass.
Paula's Statler Brother loving sister who doesn't post but I'm told reads faithfully so I share any Statler info I can find. (twist my arm)
Sandi - who always posts as "me" because she can't remember how to spell her name. She lives in D.C. but I'm trying to convince her to move to Nashville since she's here all the time anyway.
Pammy - an air force wife stationed in... Texas last time I checked. I think I met her at Fan Fair the first time too.
JoAnn and Harriet GarthNutts from NYC

There are a couple of guys who pop in once and a while, including Dave in CT (another person I met at Fan Fair!) who's a faithful Kathy Mattea fan and US Country Listener. If you're not one who tends to post, no worries, my friend Patricia who lives in Colorado reads here daily and emails me her replies on the rare occasion I say something meaningful. (I figure if I pick on her enough, eventually she'll come out and defend herself.) If the counter is any indication, a lot of people from the XM Fan sites and Planet Garth come by here and read, but run away scared. Oh - and one of my sister-in-laws reads here as her lunch hour entertainment, but never posts. So I can't tell stories on my brother who used to pretend he couldn't breathe when I'd tickle him into hysterics.

Y'all are going to LOVE IT when I tell you what Sally does for a living, but I can't do that until after we take our Pigeon Forge road trip. ;-) Speaking of - I still need to order show tickets - Paula, are you in? JoAnn, should I get tickets for you, Paige and Bev? Sandi - you are in charge of emailing me at work tomorrow to remind me.

For the record, I successfully scheduled my neices 2 year old birthday party around this weekend. So we'd better have good shopping weather!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally--welcome. :) Very intrigued about your job, after all that!

J--did I mention the Grascals are also at the Broadway event? Woohoo!

Monica said...

And I'm the long lost best friend from Florida that reads this blog daily and was mistakenly overlooked.

Monica said...

Hi Sally! Welcome...

Hi to all my other GBuds too. Miss you all!

Pam said...

Welcome Sally :D Welcome to this little cornet of the world, we get a little nutts at times but I think we are all basically harmless. LOL

Sharon said...

Welcome Sally - I'm a faithful Highway16 listener also!

J.'s right Trace and Chris are my favorites but after listening to these people rave about the Grascals - I had to check them out and I was lucky enough to do so right before I heard the screams way up North after they won the IBMA Entertainer of the Year! (Didn't need a phone or anything to hear it - it was fabulous!) It was fun to celebrate that here in this blog!

Welcome again - read often - post as often as you like!

Producer J. said...

You're not lost Moni, just invisible! Glad to know you're here. :-) Did you get contacts?

I thought about resurrecting those IBMA posts Sharon, but thought that might scare her off. LOL

Anonymous said...

Welcome Sally. You're just over the border from me. As Pam said, we are basically harmless...sorta. We've pretty much scared the guys off though. Joyce does have my curiosity aroused as to what you do for a living that has to wait until after the Pigeon Forge trip.

I'm going to have to pass on the trip, although I'm sure I'll be kicking my butt for missing out. If a miracle happens between now and then and I do get to come down, I'll just buy a single ticket.

Moni, good to see you here.

Paula

Producer J. said...

Paula I'm bummed. :-(

Anonymous said...

Hey Y'all, I'm Sally from New Hampshire and I've found my new home here on the Blog. Absolutely awesome. Can't wait to head to Nashville next Saturday. I'll be sure to drop by XM and say howdy to Joyce and Jon Anthony. CMA Awards ~ Here I come!!! Yee Haw!

Anonymous said...

It's Sally! :D Have a great time at the CMA's!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally welcome !!

J how do you keep all that striaght and do your work so well?? LOL

((((MONI)))) Miss you gal!!!

J. Paige and this crew are going to go to the one in Brentwood!!
Miss T might even join us!!

We'll have to get together the next time. :(