Friday, October 27, 2006

Epiphany Du Jour

So it occurred to me while shopping today that I could re-wear my outfit from IBMA's to one of my CMA functions coming up. Woo hoo! Now I have to decide which event I want to shed sparkles all over. Probably the awards show itself, since I'll be outside a lot afterwords party hopping, and it is fairly warm. Unlike every other option in my closet.

I'm entertaining the idea of wearing the same black skirt to both Broadway Meets Country and the CMA's. It's my Mother of the Groom skirt, and I love it, and it's comfortable. And if it's really cold, I could wear a pair of leggings underneath and no one would know.

I got a MAJOR chunk of my Christmas shopping done today! It was a ton of fun, didn't TOTALLY break the bank (although I did some damage!) and - the best part - I never had to leave this chair. Seriously - Sally is my new favorite person in the world. Soon she will be yours too. I'm going to hog her for myself this weekend but next week I'll share.

Time to go to work! I need a new (on air) road trip to assign to my intern. (It's actually going to be a good lesson in crafting a show for her.) Is it possible to Road Trip to Canada? Where should we go? I'm not sure I want to saddle her with Texas right off the bat.

As a reminder - looking for 80's and 90's country songs ABOUT a place - not just having "Alberta" as a line in the song. SURELY Terri Clark has sung about Canada? I still haven't done a Midwest Road Trip. Hmm. Maybe I SHOULD give her a Texas City.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

74 degrees. That is so not cold. :P

Sharon said...

WAHOO! Songs about Canada!! Bet ya didn't know I married a Canook! Yepper and one from Alberta at that! he he

I'm thinking you're looking for American artists singing about Canada. I've got a few "Canadian Content artists" that sing about their 'home land'. Ever hear of George Fox?

Anonymous said...

You haven't forgotten about Paul Brandt have you J? 'Alberta Bound' comes to mind. He's got a new Christmas C.D. in the works too.
I don't know if you'd find too many American artists singing about Canada, maybe 'getting to' but not 'about'.

Anonymous said...

Sorry J, my fingers got ahead of my head again. That's not an 80's or 90's song.

Anonymous said...

"Blue Canadian Rockies"...been cut by several people, but, I immediately think of the Byrds doing it on the "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album.