Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Wife and the Wardrobe

Yesterday I went to a luncheon with Big Kenny's wife, Christiev (I think I'm spelling that right.) She is a stylist to the stars, and she spoke about how to land yourself a musician for a husband.

Kidding!

No seriously, she talked fashion and style, and it was all very interesting. It was a lunch hour well spent, as I need to dig out the winter clothes and put away the summer ones, and the key here is ORGANIZING. And throwing out the clothes you never wear but hang onto because you think someday you will.

Another interesting thing I learned is that in addition to her baby with Big Kenny, she has a 20 and a 16 year old. Yikes.

Someone else at the table casually suggested that we should host a big formalwear trading event, because we buy all these dresses for award shows and such, and wear them once or twice, and then they hang in our closet forever. And really, how many black cocktail dresses does one person need? (And most of us agreed we had them in sizes we may never see again.) I am SO going to work on organizing this. I won't be able to get it done before CMA's, but I'm thinking "New Year - New Wardrobe" has a nice ring to it. ;-) It could catch on and be the rage of Music Row.

I got a full copy of the new Montgomery Gentry album Some People Change today, and 2 things disturbed me about it. Thing 1 was that Troy was wearing entirely too much makeup in the cover photo. Thing 2 was that the liner notes didn't include individual song lyrics or credits. I happen to know, because I got a detailed listing when we did ShortCuts, that Troy and Eddie each wrote 2 songs on the cd. As a fan, that's the kind of thing I'm going to want to know. I know times are tough and budgets are tight, but the label could have sprang a few extra pennies for more pages for that CD insert.

Also got the new Alabama inspirational album, whichI had been excited about until someone who's opinion I value that loves gospel music told me it sucked.

Party invitations are starting to roll in for CMA night - so far everything is right downtown where the CMA's are, which will be interesting since the show is open to the public and fans will be everywhere.

This is the other interesting thing that came in the mail this week. Personally autographed to me. So I can't sell it on ebay.

Kidding again!

Or not. You be the judge.

But in all seriousness, if you see this thing in the bookstore, it is worth opening up to the middle and checking out the pictures. See Gretchen as a bleach blond biker chick.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're beginning to sound like Brad Schmidt. :p

Don't mention organizing to me. My solution is a match.

So many parties...so little time. Wish I were going down this year.

Paula

Anonymous said...

AWESOME idea about the dress swap! Too bad it can't be done before the Broadway Meets Country show. Heh.

You have tons of fun with that GW book. That's one that I won't be opening. :P

Producer J. said...

Oh you'll be opening it all right. I'm bringing it to Pigeon Forge.

Sharon said...

LOL - the dress swap thing sounds like fun. I'd never have to worry about others saying 'didn't so & so wear that dress last year'? BECAUSE when I put it on they'd think that floor length dress that another woman wore was a mini skirt on me! he he

Recycling clothes is a wonderful thing!

I may browse through the Gretchen book in the bookstore (only on your recommendation) - but like Sandi, I won't be buying it either.

Anonymous said...

Let's all boycott the book! :P

Producer J. said...

hey now! be nice. this should fully use up her 15 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I just want everyone to know that I was within inches of THE book today, and J. was even there, and I didn't open it. :D