Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Little This, A Little That

So since Sandi and Paula checked in with reports from MA, I shall now end Sharon #2's suspense and tell you that Laynie and I shared an elevator with Trace Adkins yesterday. Looking like he just rolled off the farm in work boots, jeans, and flannel shirt. We have an office on the Row that adjoins the studio we use for a lot of our performances, and most of the labels use that studio for doing their media days, satellite tours, etc. Trace was in their studio, when I walked by he was doing corny radio liners like "I know the ladies of South Dakota love the country boys on WXYZ." He wound up leaving the same time we did, and was very nice and talked to Delaynie in the elevator. She had no idea who she was talking to, LOL. And was less impressed when I told her he was the Badonkadonk guy. "Ewww, that's the video where the girls are all shaking their butts!"

I still expect to hear from 'Lish and Patricia about their Trisha adventures. One of them went across the country, one of them just walked out of her office! How funny. :-)

Y'all make sure to patronize CountryNation.com now that Skye is back in business. He ran my Statler Brothers blurb top of the page today. Love him! And for the record - he wrote that last line, not me. Jimmy Fortune's wife put it on their message board for me too! Although all the hardcore Statlers fans (present company included) already own the DVD.

My Statlers production got done while I was gone, show is ready to go at 8pm Thursday night, and will re-air 4 times next week. I'm the female voice on the production. I couldn't resist.

The production dept. also produced a bunch of new intros for the "This is US Country Today" segments on 17 where we air a more recent (2003+) song next to an older song. There are some general ones and some that cross promote back to Highway 16. They'll start airing this weekend. (I hate having only one version of a production piece. Variety is the spice of life.) Next week I have a HUGE batch of new production coming in for US Country that I'm really excited to hear. Oh - and my fabulous intern Kim did a TON of new artist audio segments while I was gone - including George Strait and Alan Jackson pieces.

I'm off to do some MAJOR scheduling (which I can do from home) and then tomorrow I'm doing nothing but mix, mix, mix! Mixmaster J. am I!

Continuing our theme of "Country Music Sells Tabloids" - David Lee Murphy was in court this week for a DUI no one knew he'd received a couple of weeks ago. (Man, even Mindy McCready got news coverage - David Lee is at least still writing hit songs.)

I'm going to invite one of our listeners to join the party with us here, so y'all be on your best behavior, ok? :-)

BTW - Pammy, I never did get your address to send this magazine to! Email me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Statler Brothers piece is on PG as well. ;)

I adore Laynie--she always tells it like it is!

And 'Lish had better own up to us fearing getting kicked out of the Lowell concert from laughing so hard, and rushing the stage. LOL

Unknown said...

Wow I am getting it from all angles here... I am so not feeling the love. :)

First off, welcome back, girl! I've missed checking in here to gather random information. It makes me much more interesting at the water cooler, ya know? Although first I should actually FIND the water cooler.

Trisha concerts were a hoot and a half. I had two completely different perspectives from one night to the next. The Lowell show required me to skip out of rehearsal early and meet up with some strange women I had met on-line who ended up being total freakshows. (Like me, of course!). :D Our seats ended up being all in a row, like it was planned from above or something. :) I got to meet Mrs. Brooks backstage and experienced my first starstruck moment... uh, ever (seriously, that NEVER happens). After which, I warned them that if they saw me backstage the following night that I was indeed NOT a stalker, but an actual employee. The show was OUT OF CONTROL... but in a good way. I've never seen a Trisha show like this. We were all seriously wondering which member of the Brooks-Yearwood household we were actually watching. Too funny.

The Beverly show was a whole other world. My boss told me to take the day off and go "work" the concert. (I work on the musical theatre side of things, so I'm usually not completey involved with the concerts). So there I was backstage the whole day helping out. Loading in the road cases, watching the most laid-back and funny sound check I've ever seen, and giving her crew pointers on spending the day in Salem, MA (in October, mind you). Let me just say, I've never worked with or met a more down-to-earth, genuine, caring group of crew or artists. Trisha and all of her people were just simply amazing. From every single possible perspective. Over a week later, they are still getting rave reviews from our staff and patrons. It was pretty damn cool to see Trisha right before she walked on stage and be there to help whisk her away to her getaway transportation to a certain state to see a certain cowboy of hers. It's a damn good thing I didn't volunteer to drive them to the airport... I think that might have been too much for me to handle. I have more stories, but I should just start my own blog.

But the COOLEST part of the whole two days was getting to meet and hang out with some "very cool" people. Can't wait to do it again, gals! What a whirlwind but what an awesome two days. Paula, sorry I didn't get to see you that night... I was doing something unimportant, I'm sure we'll see you this weekend at Hairspray... it's a big one!

Again, welcome back, J. I'm still working on Monday night... we shall see. I'm certainly ready for a day off!

Anonymous said...

Take the day off! Call in sick! :P

Anonymous said...

You know CountryNation.com is one of the first sites I check out each day. I've given up on the GAC website for news since Neil Haislop stopped writing his column.

I haven't told my sister about the Statler concert on XM. Maybe I'll record it for her. I'm not sure if she has the farewell concert, but I can't imagine she doesn't.

Lish, hope to get over to the booth to see you on Sunday. We've already seen Hairspray when it was in Boston a year or so ago and enjoyed it so it'll be fun to see it "in the round".

...and you really do need to watch out for those crazy people who go to Trisha's shows. :p

Paula

Sharon said...

You lucky duck! I'd have loved to have been in that elevator - however, I'm sure I would have been tongue tied and too nervous to open my mouth (YES it happens ocassionally!)

Love DeLaynie's comment! Kids are so honest aren't they?