Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coming Soon...

... a new "Protecting the Guilty" column! It's written... I just need to sleep on it, to make sure I'm not forgetting something.

For some unknown reason, I spent some time tonight reading a few so-called country music blogs. Oh. My. Gosh. Do people even read back what they wrote? I mean, this blog is far from Honors English, but I think it usually at least makes sense. Tip to wanna-be writers: Read your stuff out loud. And spell check. And the profanity really has no point.

And for goodness sakes, learn the difference between the CMA's and the ACM's. Because Miley Cyrus performing on the ACM's next month is NO reason to badmouth the CMA's.

I miss Country Nation.

By the way, can someone please explain this whole "followers" thing? Because it kind of freaks me out. For a long time I had 12... so I pretended that y'all weren't there for fear God would smack me down. But I don't have any idea what it means to follow me. I don't Twitter, LOL. Please tell me you don't get an email every time I update something, because I'm going to have to constantly be apologizing since I'm constantly tweaking this thing.

11 comments:

Sean Harding said...

I think following here is a way to be notified when you post (but I use Google Reader for that, so I'm not positive)...

sandi said...

I have no idea what it means, cause I get no notifications of anything! :)

Producer J. said...

Ok, good. I really don't want y'all getting flooded with email every time I edit something. A new post notification would be cool though... work on that, Sean!

:-)

Kendel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendel said...

The follower thing means that when I log into blogger.com I can scroll through the most recent blog posts from all the blogs I follow. That way I can scroll through and choose which posts I want to click on and read in full. Hope that helps :)

Sean Harding said...

Google Reader is another nice way to keep track of blogs and when new posts are added. It makes it easy for me to keep track of lots of blogs (not just on Blogger) and quickly skim the titles to see which posts I want to read. Of course, I read all of yours, J ;-)

Paula said...

I miss Country Nation as well.

I wish following you DID mean I would know when there was a new blog entry, but it doesn't. At least I don't get any notifications when a new blog is up, although I do get notified when someone comments to a blog if I opted to get notified for that particular entry.

Producer J. said...

Cool Kendel, thanks for the info!

I've never opted to get notified when someone comments to my blog! LOL Y'all are WAY smarter about this than I am. I guess since I don't usually read other blogs, LOL.

I'm stuck here in my own little world.

Paula said...

I don't opt to receive notification when someone comments on all your blogs :p, just those where there is a question hanging to be answered and I want to see if someone comes up with the answer. It saves me from checking that particular entry every time.

Mary Ann said...

This is the only blog I read (follow) but I do not get any notice. I usually just check in ever so often to see what's new.

Mary Ann

Sharon said...

I'm not a 'follower' but I check the blog everyday does that count? Hey - does that make me a stalker? uh oh! :0)