Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Intern X-perience -- (Belated) Week 5

Is anyone still out there? I posted all those CRS pictures and didn’t get hardly any comments, so I haven’t been back here in a while, because I wanted them to stay on top. Sydney and I have been SLAMMED with shows lately… another day, another superstar dropping by, LOL. We’re spoiling her for life! But we’re working hard to catch you up on everything you’ve missed here in Music City. Lots of scoop and pictures coming. First up – her post-CRS blog, which complete and utter exhaustion prevented me from posting until now. My bad – sorry! Heeeeeere's Sydney!

Well, I don’t know where to start. In a nutshell, last week was Country Radio Seminar Week! For those of you who don’t know, CRS involves lots of seminars for people in the radio industry… for me, this translated into concerts all week! Country music singers and songwriters come in and give special interviews and performances.

I kicked off the week with a party at Fuel where Kate and Kasey opened for Justin Moore. Jack Ingram, Jimmy Wayne, Emerson Drive, and Adam Gregory were all there to hang out and listen to the music. I was able to see several acoustic performances… I really enjoyed David Nail’s music, and his new song Redlight is new on Sirius XM this week! Love and Theft were also amazing and they have a new single Runaway! Caitlin and Will came into the Music Row Happy Hour, and were also just as good in person as they were on Can You Duet.

Then came the Miranda Lambert Round Robin. I am a huge Miranda fan, so it was great to meet her and hear about her new album that is in the works. (J.’s note – Miranda spent a nice little bit of one on one time talking to Sydney about her internship and her upcoming show in Boise.)

A friend of mine had an extra ticket for the New Faces show (J. again… Sydney’s friend just happens to work for one of the country music trade magazines…), so I got to see the Zac Brown Band, Chuck Wicks, Kellie Pickler, James Otto, and Lady Antebellum perform all in one night! Amazing! Everyone but Chuck received a standing ovation from the industry crowd. These are the people who will be taking country music by storm (and they have already started) so watch out!

I would have to say the highlight of my week was going to see the Randy Rogers Band. I am a huge fan of these guys and they always give a great live performance! Plus Holly Williams (yes, part of the legendary Williams family) opened for them and I surprised how much I enjoyed her voice. Oh and we had Adam Gregory, Jimmy Wayne, and Gloriana live in the studios! The music industry people were everywhere as well, and it was very cool to meet the people behind the scenes in Nashville, and really all over the U.S. I know I am forgetting something… Did you know Adam’s tour manager is Jason Aldean’s dad? That’s the kind of behind the scenes scoop I’m getting here at Sirius XM!

Oh, and be listening to ShortCuts in the next few weeks… there are TONS of new episodes in the works!

8 comments:

Sean Harding said...

I'm still here! I personally apologize for not being a better commenter. Sometimes my jealousy just overcomes me ;-)

I'm pretty sure Miranda is the best.

sandi said...

LOVE Miranda!!

Paula said...

LOL at Sean.

Thanks Sydney (and Joyce) for the update. In case you didn't know (and I think I speak for most everyone on here), we are all green with envy. What an amazing experience!

Poor Chuck, though. Hope he didn't feel badly being the only one who didn't get a standing O.

...and if the Zac Brown shortcuts is ever repeated, pleaaasssse let me know. I missed it.

As a side note, my sister (the Statler fan) just asked me yesterday about updates to the blog. If she sees this (not sure she goes as far as reading the comments), drop off a comment. :p

Paula

Paula said...

Ohhh...and I like the new background.

Producer J. said...

Zac Brown Band Driver's Ed is encoring next week!

Jona said...

Wow, Sydney are really having the time of her life!!!
I'm turning green with envy too.
Miranda is one of my favorite females too.

Unknown said...

Yay! Note to self: check XM schedule and put a reminder on calendar to listen to shortcuts next week.

Paula

Unknown said...

Duh...that would be driver's ed..almost blew it again!