Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Intern X-Perience -- Week 4

Hello all! I'm here to fill you in on another week of happenings in Nashville! I have to say, it was pretty exciting. If you didn’t already know, Billy Currington’s song "Don’t" went #1, and that (apparently) calls for a celebration! In honor of the success of the song, I got to go to my first and second #1 parties in one night! This is because the song was the product of the collaboration between ASCAP and BMI writers. I guess they like to party in Nashville! There were two ‘round robin’ interviews, one with Billy and the other with the songwriters. They each told a little bit about the song and also on their own lives. Each party had food set up (I still haven’t decided who had the better food) and awards were presented to just about everybody who had anything to do with the song. While rubbing elbows with the elite of Music City, I got a better understanding of the songwriting process; it is an extensive and intriguing! I am looking forward to more songs going #1…

Another highlight for me was watching an interview with Sirius XM DJ Mike Terry and Ronnie Milsap. My grandma was a huge fan of Ronnie Milsap, and his music was always played while I was growing up, so it was an honor to be in the same room as him as he told some of his stories. The interview took place at Starstruck studios, which is owned, and also used by, Reba McEntire! Sadly, I did not get to meet Reba, or see her infamous quarters on the top floor of the building. Oh well maybe next time… This interview will be playing Thursday night at 6pm on The Roadhouse, so be listening!

I also had my turn at editing an interview of a Driver’s Ed taping, but I don’t really want to talk about it… it's still too painful... my only advice is to remember not to ‘over edit’.

Although the verdict is still out on whether or not I will be allowed to stay and work Music Fest in June, I am gathering info for all of the fan club parties, and I hoping that I actually get to go! I hope y’all can make it as well! If you feel the need to get in touch with me, or just want more info about Sirius XM, you can check out my NEW Myspace site . I’m looking forward to hearing from you! And check in all week, rumor is it is going to be crazy here in Nashville!

Psst! I'm now #5 in the Sirius XM Fantasy NASCAR standings!

3 comments:

Kendel said...

Yay for the Reba mention!! I've only ever been in the lobby at starstruck. Some day I hope to actually go farther inside lol.
Ps. Tell Sydney I'm adding her on myspace.

Producer J. said...

Cool. I tried to "Suggest a Friend" for y'all on Facebook, but I don't think I did it right, lol.

Producer J. said...

Ooh -- I just remembered I took her picture in the control room, must get her to send it to me.