Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Intern X-perience - Week 6

Well, it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks here in Nashville. And I don’t use that term lightly… within about 10 days, Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, AND John Rich all came in to talk about their new albums for upcoming episodes of ShortCuts! I mean really, when I applied for this internship I was hoping that I might meet one or two artists, but this was too good to be true! I know I am working in the music industry and this shouldn’t be any big deal, but I am an intern from Idaho and a huge country music fan, so this is all a dream come true!

The Keith Urban interview was the highlight of the past two weeks for me, he is a really nice guy and such a talented artist (and he liked my name). Given that Sweet Thing went #1 on the Billboard Charts, there was also a party at BMI last week to celebrate. It was the usual awards ceremony with lots of plaques and speeches… except for the minor difference that he brought his whole band on stage to do a few songs! Joyce and I had front row spots for this and it was so cool! It beats driving to Salt Lake City to see him perform…

Posted by Picasa

But in reality, I did actually learn a lot and was not jumping up and down all the time. I helped Joyce put together the scripts for all of these ShortCuts, and even got to do a little editing of my own. :-) My main job was to pull out the liners and get those ready for air play, and there are tons! I also learned that just because something is scheduled doesn’t mean it actually happens… but that’s a whole different story.

Oh and I almost forgot that I went to Blake Shelton’s #1 party for "She Wouldn’t Be Gone" by myself! I got to do the round robin interview (we won’t talk about the audio on that) and hang out for the party. Jeffrey Steele, Steve Wariner, and (supposedly) Barry Bonds were all there to hang out too. (J.'s note... she was the envy of the other interns, who had to sit in the corner, while she was at the main table, and got to ask Blake a question!)

Now the editing fun begins! So be listening for all of these upcoming ShortCuts episodes. They are telling me that next week will slow down, but I don’t believe it…

2 comments:

Jona said...

Awww, Blake Shelton, I LOVE him!!
The Keith Urban show sounds fantastic too. I need to be young again, so I can be an intern.... LOL

sandi said...

They were there--I saw pictures!