Thursday, September 18, 2008

FINALLY ! ! !

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - (Sept. 18, 2008) - Sony BMG recording artist Craig Morgan was invited to become the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry this evening during a special concert for U.S. troops at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The evening was a homecoming of sorts for the singer, who was stationed at Ft. Bragg from 1990 to 1992 during his ten-year active duty tenure in the US Army’s 82nd Airborne Division. Morgan will be formally inducted into the Opry family on Sat., Oct. 25.

Seriously... how overdue is this? I remember when Craig did his 100th performance... years ago. We even cut an episode of ShortCuts with him backstage at the Opry a couple of years back. He's totally committed, and plays there more than most members. I am so excited that he finally got the invitation. That, my friends, is the power of SonyBMG.

Yay for Craig!

7 comments:

Kendel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendel said...

I wondered when he'd get the invite. He is always there. Good decision Opry :)

Pam said...

YAY !!!!!!! Very well deserved !!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for him. Love Craig Morgan/

Unknown said...

Way to go Craig! Well deserved!

JoAnnDiU said...

Craig is coming to Joe's Pub!!! Yeah!!!

sandi said...

I thought of you when I heard this this morning, J. :)

Jona said...

Congratulations to Craig :)