Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hangin' with Hootie

We cut an episode of Driver's Ed with Darius Rucker tonight. I've worked with him a couple of times previously -- once out at the ACM's a year and a half ago, and then in a Round Robin a couple of months ago. I was very impressed with how knowledgeable he was about country music.

So tonight when we sat down to cut Driver's Ed... Jon starts going into what the show was...how the new artists are called "Rookie Driver's"... Darius didn't need any of it. I think he knew more about Highway 16 than I did. Turns out he loves the channel.

We cut the show, and it was real high energy... Darius tells great stories... he's very entertaining. And at the end of "class" (he passed!) he tells us he has listened to all these other episodes of Driver's Ed, and kept wondering when in the world we were going to ask him to be on the show. (We learned a long time ago you gotta wait for the CD to be in stores.) I hope he thought it was worth the wait.

He was adorable, and it made for a very nice ending to a very long day. I started writing at 6:30 in the morning, to finish a ShortCuts before I tackled this show... went into the office around 11 and cut 2 shows, the last of which started at 7pm, and I totally missed all of my husband's birthday because I stayed downtown for a meeting that I didn't wind up being in. So as a consolation prize, I got my picture taken with a rock star. (will post it tomorrow)

The show airs starting next Tuesday... highway16.xmradio.com for show dates and times.

1 comment:

sandi said...

Awww...but did you tell him how much you love his song? :) I'm sure the G-man understood. :)