Monday, September 22, 2008

Protecting the Guilty -- Updated

I will be the first to self-deprecatingly joke that I am the Queen of Procrastination. But alas -- I have been dethroned!

We are taping a ShortCuts tomorrow.

I think.

We were told we'd get the interview time to tape a ShortCuts tomorrow. We've made numerous calls and sent emails trying to get a time booked. However, as of 8:09pm (well after the COB) I do not have a bio, talking points, or songwriter credits on the album. Nor do I have a time that this artist is going to be available to come to our studio. So I could very well wake up in the morning and discover we're taping a ShortCuts that I haven't yet written within the hour.

So I shall surrender my crown and my thrown to the record label exec who shall remain nameless. I originally titled this post "Procrastination at a Whole New Level."

But I just renamed it.

Update 10:05 Tuesday Morning... I tracked down someone at the record label to sneak me the bio and songwriter credits... so I've been writing fast and furious... only to be told a few minutes ago that we weren't going to get to cut the show with this artist after all today.

That, my friends, puts us into quite the Programming Pickle.

7 comments:

Kendel said...

I guess I'm the princess of procrastination. I'll get up to queen level someday lol.

Producer J. said...

You're in the right town for it! :-)

sandi said...

How's it going? Need some help? Cause you know I'd rather be doing anything but MY work! :P

Producer J. said...

I've left more voicemails that are being ignored.

Kendel said...

The difficult label wouldn't have to be a really huge one that starts with a U? (i'm very mad at that label right now, so i could very well believe it is them)

Producer J. said...

nope, sorry.

But i'd love to hear your story. :-D

Sharon said...

What artist could be SOOOOO busy that they don't have time for XM Radio? hmmmm - isn't that sort of like not having time for fans?

'Me thinks' the record label got their priorities mixed up!