Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Coming Up For Air!

I can breathe again! Woo hoo! I had an incredibly productive day today, following 2 long days. I've put in about 35 hours in the first 3 days this week.

Backtracking a little... we taped a Billy Currington ShortCuts on Monday... turning it around to air on Friday. Huge kudos, by the way, to my buddy Katie over at Mercury Records. It makes a huge difference when I have music and songwriter credits and artist info before I write a show, and they really have their act together over there. Billy's show turned out great -- I put the finishing touches on it late yesterday, which allowed me to write a Driver's Ed with Eli Young Band while watching the debate last night, and then taped the DE show this morning. Schedule is always online at the Highway 16 web page - I just updated them today with new show info, so check it out!

The big thing consuming my time this week though was copious quantities of Kenny Chesney audio. An hour and a half of interview that got chopped up into 24 hours of programming for two channels, to be precise. I don't normally work much with No Shoes Radio, but Kenny's album comes out next Tuesday, so there's TONS of awesome programming headed your way. I just updated that web page today, so hopefully that will get pushed live tomorrow. I don't care if you like Kenny or not, if you're my friend, you're obligated to listen to 30 minutes of No Shoes Radio on Tuesday! :-P

The other thing of interest is that starting next week the Sirius team will start training and working out of the Sommet Center tower. We're all still playing the waiting game to see who has a job and who doesn't, but in the meantime, I've wrapped up my last objective in the new space, which was getting our plaques and things hung on the walls. My work here is complete. I'll have to shoot some more pictures, the place is looking sharp! The flooring that was ruined in our flood last month is getting worked on this weekend, and then we'll be all polished up for the new tenents. I even cleaned my desk today.

Now that I've got all of THAT taken care of, I must go color my hair... it's my last chance before heading to the cornfields.

5 comments:

Jona said...

Glad you have some time to breathe again. I hope you will have a great weekend :) And I'm waiting patiently for updates next week.

Paula said...

A whole 30 minutes? Between what hours do I have to choose from?

Have fun with your family and the munchkins in the cornfields.

Producer J. said...

Midnight to Midnight Eastern. You can do it... I know you can!

sandi said...

Have a great weekend!!!

Paula said...

Duty fulfilled.:p