Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gigantic

Went to the CMT Giants taping tonight for Alan Jackson. As TV tapings go, this went really smoothly. Only one re-take. Lots of star power. Some of the song choices wouldn't have been my first picks for some of these artists, but most of them worked pretty good. Although while Taylor Swift was singing "when Daddy let me drive..." all I could think about was that she was the right age to be Alan's daughter. LOL.

Taped a Driver's Ed with Kristy Lee Cook today from American Idol. She's cute as a button.

My nightly amusement is reading the XM fan message boards to see what rumors are going around about the alleged merger programming changes. About 80% of what I read is completely off base. I have little to no knowledge about things outside of the country music world, but as a fan of country music - particularly classic country music - I'm ridiculously excited. I can't wait until we can shout things from the rooftops, but in the meantime, just know we're working like crazy and good things are coming!

6 comments:

JoAnnDiU said...

So happy to hear that!! Must mean good news for you too!!

Been praying for yall!!!

bll said...

I just can't picture Taylor Swift singing 'Drive'. I like that song and I hope its not a trainwreck, as I've not been too impressed with her live performances.

DaveBrz said...

So what has my evil twin been upto over at xmfan? LOL.

I have been reading it too and hope that all of it is false.

Jona said...

I can imagine the alan Jackson Giant show was cool! I thnk Brad Paisley, one of my favorites where there too? Can't wait to hear it.

Sounds like you have some good thing coming at your work. :)

Producer J. said...

Yes, Brad was there too... he was good.

Kendel said...

I can't wait to hear about all the exciting changes. My friend who works at the opry in the customer service dept, said she spent over an hour on the phone with a woman who wanted to make sure she'd still get the opry on xm. My friend had to keep telling her that they hadn't heard anything and that the woman might want to call xm. But then the woman said the subscription is in her friend's name and it's complicated. This went on for an hour. But, it was a cute story :)