Friday, October 17, 2008

Sickbed Blogging

Remember back not so long ago... when I said once I got through last week, and then made a trip to the cornfields, that I've have lots of time on my hands to get caught up?

ha. Ha ha. HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA! hee HEE hee hee HEE ha HA.

Yeah. So that didn't happen.

Much of the reason that didn't happen as I originally thought it would, is a good thing. If you've followed the media reports on my employer this week, I have to tell you, I ain't complaining!

The big main reason though, that I've had no time to blog, is that I've been sick Sick SICK.

OMG, I really wish someone would just shoot me and put me out of my slimy, germy, misery.

Every year in October, I get sick for a couple of weeks. Allergies of some sort. Kind of creeps up on me... then before I know it, I lose my voice and I've spent 2 weeks being miserable.

I guess it's because I was out of the Tennessee Death Bowl last weekend, because when I came back it hit me like a truckload of bricks. I will spare you the details, other than to say that I've been mostly encased in my sickbed, except for the few hours a day I go into the office and inflict my misery on everyone else. My husband has slept downstairs on the couch all week, while I bury myself in 7 or 8 blankets while running a 101.8 degree fever. On the bright side, I've had total control of the remote.

So in the interest of not spreading my sickness to the superstars, I passed on doing a Round Robin with Tim McGraw this week, which I was very disappointed about, as well as attending our ShortCuts taping with Lee Ann Womack.

So I don't really have a lot of scoop to share, other than telling you that Rascal Flatts has been following me. I saw their big ole semi's rolling down the interstate towards Nashville last weekend, and then they were parked outside the arena today. Hope they're not sick, too, they have a big show tonight!

13 comments:

Paula said...

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you'll be recovered by next Saturday!

I haven't seen any news stories. Now I'm going to have to do a little searching to see what you are talking about. Hope the news is good.

Take care of yourself...have some chicken soup and drink lots of fluid.

Paula

Pam said...

Feel better soon !!!

bll said...

UGH!! I have gone from ragweed right into leaf mould due to no rain to give relief. You hae my sympathy, J, feel better soon.

Jona said...

So sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. take good care of yourself. But it sounds like you already do that. Love and prayers from me :)

JoAnnDiU said...

Oh my!! feel better soon!!

Kendel said...

I totally feel your pain on the allergy issues. I am medicated to the max year round for them.

Rest up and have some panera potato soup. :)

Main said...

Sorry to hear that you are so sick. I hope you will feel better soon.


At least allergies are not contagious... ;-)

sandi said...

Want my allergy shots? :)

Hope you're feeling better!!

Producer J. said...

I left my bedroom tonight for the first time since Friday. Hubby is still sleeping on the couch.

I really wish someone would just SHOOT ME.

JoAnnDiU said...

Oh, J!! Hope you're feeling better now!!

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon J. I just got out of the hospital this afternoon - stupid kidney stones! UGH!!

Jennifer said...

I hope your feeling better. :) My little man was sick this week - that was no fun for Mommy !

sandi said...

Are you going to be able to do your walk this weekend?