Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Still Sick...

I'm laying in bed waiting on my latest ShortCuts to upload to the FTP server, and thought I'd check in to tell you I'm still alive. Barely. I don't think I'm ever going to get better. The only real blessing out of this whole thing is that I got a company laptop a few months ago, so I've been able to keep up on everything at work. I'm still at the office at some point every day, but not for as long as usual. By the time I come home at night, I'm completely spent, and I'm immediately in my PJ's crawling into bed.

Been through all kinds of medicines / home remedies / OTC stuff... I probably need a shot so that something might actually stay in my system. It doesn't do any good if you can't keep it down.

Today I'm on self imposed vocal rest. I had a 20 minute conversation yesterday with one of my NY co-workers yesterday that completely blew out my voice. I'm staying home this morning and not talking to anyone. Except y'all! Just writing and editing!

Off now to write a Blake Shelton show... he's cutting a ShortCuts this afternoon and Tracy Lawrence is on live with Storme at 4:30 ET. Lots going on this time of year, I just wish I could enjoy it!

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Take care of yourself. Hope you get better soon.

bll said...

UGH, it sucks not feeling well and having to keep up with the workload. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

For crying out loud! Feel better!!! What are you sick with, girl?! I say Salsa Shots will do the trick!

Hang in there and get better soon. I'm going to need some advice for living in the cornfields soon!

- lish

sandi said...

Have you thought about seeing another doctor? :p

Kendel said...

If it is just allergies, I highly recommend seeing an allergy doctor. They can give you a ton of suggestions of what to avoid and stuff like that. Maybe you've done this already, I dunno. But, I sure do hope you feel better soon. I totally know how it is to be knocked on your ass due to a stubborn illness. Get well soon!!!!

Kendel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnnDiU said...

I agree with Sandi!! Get a better Doctor!!! :P

DaveBrz said...

Do I have to come down there to scare whatever you have out of you.

Jona said...

I'm sorry you still are sick!! i really hope you find something to get you back on your feets soon.

Paula said...

Doesn't sound like you're getting the rest you need to kick this thing out of you. Do we have to hog tie you to your bed???

Maybe you should try Lish's suggestion.

Feel better soon.

Paula

Pam said...

Yikes I agree you need a better doctor. Feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Sorry you're still sick. Take care of yourself and get well soon!

sandi said...

You also have Craig Morgan's Opry induction on Saturday...which you've been waiting for for HOW long?? Get your butt to the doctor!!! :P

susan said...

Sorry to hear you're so sick J...hoping you're better soon.

Main said...

Wow... it got you good, J. Going to work every day sounds like ehm... not the best idea... to put it mildly. Stay in bed for more days (whole days) and just be sick. No work, no worrying, no organizing... just being sick.
I am sure you will heal a lot sooner after that.

Stronger medicines sound like a plan too.

And if you don't want to listen at all... I vote for sending Dave down to scare it out of you! ;-)

Take care of yourself, I hope you will feel better soon.

DaveBrz said...

Hmm, I should see if some vacation time is open this afternoon and hop on a plane to get away for the weekend.