Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tim McGraw's Apology

Tim McGraw Apologizes to Fans for Label’s Decision To Release Greatest Hits 3

NASHVILLE – (October 14, 2008)- Curb Records released a third hits package on Tim McGraw last week, a CD that was put into record stores without his involvement. McGraw has been working on a new studio album for over a year and debuted three new songs on this year’s “Live Your Voice Tour.” It was his desire to have the new record out this fall but Curb wanted to release a greatest hits CD to extend McGraw’s recording contract term.

“I am saddened and disappointed that my label chose to put out another hits album instead of new music,” said Tim McGraw. “I’ve only had one studio album since my last hits package. It has to be just as confusing to the fans as it is to me. I had no involvement in the creation or presentation of this record. Sure I love the songs and I don’t want to take anything away from all the creative people who were a part of making those records. But the whole concept is an embarrassment to me as an artist. In the spirit of an election year, I would simply say to my fans ‘I’m Tim McGraw and I don’t approve their message.’”

9 comments:

LovinTimInMi said...

You would think Curb would want a new album from Tim before his contract is up with them....or is it already & they are just releasing this because the songs were on their label??? I am confused!! I was a little disappointed when I heard he was releasing a GH3 album. I went to Target & checked it out...but didn't buy it. I have all the songs on it...and Curb was so cheap, they didn't even put it in a plastic case...but just paper!!! WTheck?!
Can't wait for Tim to be finished with Curb & release a record from StyleSonic!

sandi said...

Paper "case" = environmentally friendly.

Kendel said...

Hmm....apparently tim just wants to keep on ticking off the industry. He's doing a very good job already. wow

Jona said...

Kudos to Tim!

LovinTimInMi said...

I don't think Tim really cares about ticking off the industry. I think he cares about his fans & his music. Curb imho has treated him pretty crappy, but it hasn't hurt him too bad financially as he seems to sell out concerts & so forth. I read he has 2 more "new" albums with Curb, then he can kick them to the curb & be done with them. The reason Curb released another GH album was to keep him under them for that much longer.
I for one will be patiently waiting to hear the new songs he played at his concerts this summer again...and hearing more from those Warren brothers!!!

Producer J. said...

The new Kenny album is in a paper case too!

I was too sick to go to the Tim Round Robin today, but Curb did put out a response to his press release, saying that Tim had been in numerous conversations about the release.

Pam said...

The Roger Creager, Lenney Kravitz, Griffin House, Aaron Tippin and Trent WIllmon CD's I've bought were all paper too. I think it's a great idea.

Now if they would just do away with that annoying strip of tape at the top of CD's..............

Kendel said...

Aww get well soon!!!

sandi said...

I saw the Curb press release on someone's blog somewhere. Didn't this happen to JDM as well? Tim's made plenty of money and become very well known from being with Curb...he'll get over it. :)