Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Music City Motorcade Madness

I've decided that when I grow up, I want to produce Presidential motorcades. Actually, I just want to sit in on the planning session for one sometime. Or better yet, be listening in on the police radios when the command is given for every cop car within 3 miles to flip on their lights at the exact same moment and stop traffic. It's totally cool.

From where I sit -- having witnessed several Motorcade Moments in the past 2 days - the criminals must be getting away with everything this week, because I can't imagine there's an officer in Davidson County doing anything but what the Secret Service asks them to do. Have y'all ever seen one of these motorcades go by? 20+ local police vehicles, a handful of state police, an ambulance, several passenger vans of the same model and a dozen SUV's in a rainbow of colors. Who's paying for all that?

As a way of making this slightly country music related, Kellie Pickler got stuck in a parking lot on Music Row today when 17th was shut down. I was fortunate enough to miss that one by coming in the back alley to the parking garage of the studio where we were all working.

Another thing to add to my list of things to blog about -- what's up with Jack's Tracks? Interesting developments over there lately.

Just finished a Driver's Ed script, headed to bed. Some long days this week, but it will be worth it if I get munchkin time this weekend!

5 comments:

Kendel said...

Ooo sorry 17th got shut down. That one totally wasn't on the list of closures.

Pam said...

Who do you think pays for all that nonsense........Joe Sixpack and the hockey moms. ROFL

Producer J. said...

No biggie Kendel -- they just do rolling motorcades as the WannaBees travel through town. West End was shut down twice today when I was trying to get on it!

I didn't feel sorry for Kellie though... karma. Tee hee hee.

sandi said...

Living in DC...I freaking get stuck in them all the time. It sucks!!!

bll said...

I can't wait for the dish on Jack's Tracks.. is a certain retiree involved??