Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Country Roads - Take Me HOME

I swear y'all... I have never wasted the stress and tears on a business trip like I have on this one. Thankfully, I've never had the business trip from hell like this before. Nor will I ever again, because I have learned some big lessons on what kinds of things should NOT be done when you're traveling alone and don't know where you're going. Really I'm just grateful to be going home in one piece.

I'm incredibly glad that I started the To Do List on Blogger before I left, because I've had to refer to it many times. And although I got quite a bit of it done, I feel very unsatisfied with the work this trip. I told you I would tell you why I was coming up here... but the reasons I wound up coming up for didn't wind up coming to fruition. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out from here.

In the meantime, I did get a lot of things done... but I sure could use another day here. Actually, if I just had the time I wasted on ridiculous transportation issues -- including the late night hours I spent wandering the streets looking for my hotel -- I'd probably be much more satisfied.

Unfortunately though, it's departure time. I'm off to get a shuttle to get a train to get a shuttle to get a plane to hopefully remember where the heck I parked. I think I spent more time in transportation mode than I actually spent in work mode.

There's NO Place Like Home!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry to hear that the reason for the trip didn't pan out and that you had to waste a lot of time getting from Point A to Point B.

Hope that things eventually work out.

Jona said...

I'm sorry the trip didn't go as you wanted. And the transportation problems, that sucks.

Anonymous said...

Next time....next time...just listen to your chauffeur. Or most importantly, take up on her offer to drive you. :P