Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm Here!

I started to post last night about today's trip, and I was going to title it "A little whine with that cheese?" Because it was a bunch of bitching and moaning.

Flying into Baltimore on a Sunday night, when you work and stay in D.C. and have about a $10 budget for transportation, basically, not a good idea. You can't get there from here. Unless you're willing to waste half a day's work, which I wasn't.

The only thing that could have made the whole journey any more comical was if they'd lost my luggage. (shopping!) However, they didn't. So here I am, safe and sound at Eckington Place, after a nice visit with Kim, my former intern, and a nice comfy car ride courtesy of Sandi (and her oh so silent chauffer.)

Off to tackle that "To Do List."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your trip started off so crappy.:( Hope you get everything you wanted to get accomplished done with a little time for yourself too.:)

Anonymous said...

The most important question of the night... how's the Rouge??? :D

Producer J. said...

Even more crappy than I remember it. The lights don't work, the curtains are ripped, the place is under renovation and the bathtub mat is full of mildew. And my room is in between the elevator and a yapping dog.

And let's not even TALK about how I finally managed to get there at midnight.

I would blog about it, but I can't do so without more 4 letter words than blogger allows.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you brought your camera? A picture is worth a thousand four letter words! :D

(And maybe they'll stop booking you there!)

Producer J. said...

I do have my camera, but I do not have photos of me wandering DuPont Square in the 14 degree weather dragging my suitcase behind me, crying because the city's garbage workers have no idea where my flippin' hotel is.

Believe me, it was not a pretty picture.

Anonymous said...

:(

Why didn't you take a cab??? That really sucks...I'm sorry. :(

Producer J. said...

I tried. The third cab company I called answered the phone. I waited for an hour. Called them back. "We're trying to get someone over to you, but it may be a while."

I did get a beautiful, $10 Towncar ride over to Eck this morning from The Rouge.

Paula said...

Young lady, you should NOT be wandering the streets alone at midnight!

The Rouge sounds like a lovely place...NOT.

Please be careful.

Paula

Main said...

:( That all sounds pretty horrible. I hope things will only get A LOT better from now on!

Maggie said...

I hope the rest of your trip is 100times better than the start ,and you get some time to relax and enjoy yourself.