Thursday, February 07, 2008

Release Day Rest Stop: Chris Cagle

I just love the song "What Kind Of Gone." It's catchy, it's clever, and it gets stuck in your head. Love it. Not as much as I love "Miss Me Baby" but it's up there.

However, you can love a song but not necessarily love the singer. I've worked with Chris a couple of times in the past, but it had been a couple of years - a pretty tumultous couple of years - and I wasn't quite sure what to expect today.

Well he was great. Genuine, and sincere, and excited about his album. But sometimes very raw and emotional - nearly to tears at one point. He was pretty up front about his recent past, and the kind of man he was looking to be. His faith is strong, and hopefully his resolve is too. I really enjoyed our session. I've only heard a few of the songs on the album, but so far, I really like them.

It was funny, I was introduced to him of course as being with XM... so I explain the program to him and he starts off by reading the promo lines about 'every hour on the hour' it like the light bulb goes off, and he says Cool - I can listen, I have XM!

He listens to The B0neyard, Willie's Place, and America, FYI.

Release Day Rest Stop with Chris Cagle -- February 19th on XM's Highway 16!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody likes Chris Cagle?

Producer J. said...

Apparently not.