Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Check In

Howdy. Did y'all have a good weekend?

We had a perfectly crazy weekend at Casa Rizer... actually it's been a crazy week. I had my house painted last week, Ashley moved out Friday morning, Friday night my brother arrived with his family, Saturday morning we had a community garage sale, Saturday we went to the zoo, Sunday to church and the park, they left this morning, I'm up to my ears in interviews, and it's only Monday.

We had a great weekend with my nephews. Cutie cutie patooties they are. Cousin Laynie had a blast with them. But boy oh boy... boys are very different than girls. Even as toddlers!

I didn't make it to the cocktail party at Phil Vassar's house last night to celebrate the release of his new album. I did however, make it to an Alan Jackson #1 party today.

The event was held at ASCAP, to celebrate "Small Town Southern Man." There was a massive media turnout... to the point where the label folks were asking "who ARE all these people?" Alan was in a good mood and quite chatty, and we covered a lot of ground in our 15 minute Round Robin. Food was fried chicken fingers, chips and salsa / queso / guacamole, little (delicous!) cheeseburgers, and a plate of chocolate concoctions that I stayed far away from.

Our studio sessions were interesting today. It was back to back bluegrass... and didn't particularly go according to Plan A. We didn't alot enough time for session A, which has turned into our most expensive show ever, LOL - and that made session B start 3o minutes late, and band B was trying to get everything wrapped up to get on a plane to Europe in the morning. Lesson learned.

On a more exciting note -- I've booked the first session in our NEW studios! Now, they just need to get finished. :-)

8 comments:

Paula said...

I got exhausted just reading about your weekend. My weekend was pretty much work-related, but I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thought you might have something to say about some other news from Nashville over the weekend.

Soooo...what date did you book for that first session? You and I may be moving at the same time...ours is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend...can't wait.

Oh...and waiting for pictures of the cousins.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Where the heck are you working out of now? Are you still in the studios on Music Row? :)

Producer J. said...

Yes to music row. Still. I'm there 3 days a week, usually. Unless it's today, when I have a bunch of interviews, so I'm here even though I'm not supposed to be. There are 5 of us who rotate through 3 studio spaces, but fortunately, someone is on vacation this week. :-)

I was about to put out an APB on you Paula -- I haven't seen you online for a while! The first session (booked) is a bluegrass group - the Steep Canyon Rangers.

I'm not sure what other news came out from Nashville over the weekend... Kenny's foot? I did watch the video on You Tube. Monday. It was a pretty busy weekend!

I don't post pictures of the boys on here just out of sensitivity to their adoption process... but I do have a cute little from behind shot that I'm going to ask my SIL about sharing.

I hope I'm moving first. :-P

I have to take Delaynie to the orthodontist, but check back tonight for my morning in the kitchen with Trisha!

Anonymous said...

Your life is so rough, J. :)

Anonymous said...

We spent the weekend getting little things done on the house. Found out we'll have to probably replace the fan/light in the game room upstairs. And the faucet in the kitchen needs fixin.

But other than that I still LOVE the new house.

We have DIRECT TV now so I can listen to XM when I'm home.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Jona said...

Your weekend was really filled, puh! I have just had a quiet weekend at home. I'm still not feeling good, and are waiting for surgery. :(

Anonymous said...

I was in rehearsal for The Producers... for about 5 million hours. I'm thinking I'm ready to be unemployed again.

Thanks for the updates, J. And can't wait to hear about someone in the kitchen with dinah... er, trisha...

Producer J. said...

Jona -- can you email me?

joyce dot rizer at xmradio dot com

:-)