Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Today, My World Slipped Away

I had intentions, as I noted below, on doing a proper send off for US Country. It was mentally written. Then last night something dropped on me out of the Blue Clear Sky, and I wasn't really sure what to write. And while I'm sure the Strait fans are Drinking Champagne and thinking that this is The Best Day.... the irony of this channel launching on April Fools Day is rather amusing. Check Yes or No - have you listened yet?

As a Garth fan, I am concerned that This is Where the Cowboy Rides Away - so now where do I find him? And How 'Bout Them Cowgirls like Trisha, Reba, and Shania? Are they nothing but a Foolhearted Memory now? Just Gone As a Girl Can Get? Personally, my fix when I'm Down and Out is retail therapy. Right or Wrong, last night I bought an Ipod. However, If I Know Me, I'm going to have no idea how to use it. But I know y'all will be there to teach me - I've Come to Expect It From You.

(I could Go On and on... Jay Thomas and I had all kinds of fun with this last night, but I Cross My Heart, I'm done.)

Meanwhile, I hope you'll spend a little time with Strait Country and give it a chance before you Give It Away. (Ok, I'm not quite done.)

The two most frequent questions I've gotten over all this are "How do I complain?" (In addition to sending a letter to USCountry I'd send one to the general Programming@ emailbox. If you're really Sirius about it, I'd call Listener Care) and "Are you working on Strait Country?" (at this point, no.. Ray Knight and Jay Thomas are doing it out of DC, my involvement has been limited to prepping some questions for King George and digging up some soundbites. However... the results of The Big One that dropped on me out of the Blue Clear Sky last night may alter that. Stay tuned. By the end of the day I should be able to tell you if I have this new gig that was promised to me, if I'm moving into Strait Country, or if I'm unemployed. Hee hee hee.)

For now, I gotta Run.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice play on words - I was Carried Away with your words :)

You sure know how to keep a girl in suspense! Can't wait to hear your news - should I keep my fingers crossed for you?

Producer J. said...

Well if you wouldn't mind thinking some good thoughts as you stand on your Oceanfront Property in Jacksonville, it wouldn't hurt. :-D

DaveBrz said...

I guess there was A Murder on Music Row. A Real Good Place to Start is by sending in those comments. If I Know Me, I sent mine in.

Anonymous said...

I have to ask......just because today is April 1st.......is this really just an elaborate April Fools Joke??????

Paula said...

Cute.

As fate would have it, the last channel on my radio was XM17 and I don't generally change the station unless I get a G-beep. Now, I don't know if I'm just not listening carefully enough or I'm just missing it, but I have yet to get a beep on my favorite artists, which I find strange. Am I missing the beeps or is XM17 now a beep-free zone?

Can't wait to hear your news...hope it's some very good news for you.

Paula

Anonymous said...

What a sad day. :(

I hope this is the beginning of very good things for you, J. And not an ipod full of Strait music. ;-)

DaveBrz said...

It's not a Aprils Fools joke. I did get a reply to the letter I sent out. Wonder if whoever has George as one of their favorites have gotten tired of all the beeps yet?

Anonymous said...

I'm back from The Heartland. And I don't know... but I Hate Everything today. :) But instead of sitting around in The Chair... I'm going to the gym. I know, Famous Last Words of a Fool.

Great things are to be for you, J. You'll find your Ace in the Hole. But if not - Has Fort Worth Ever Crossed Your Mind?

Producer J. said...

When we launched the Led Zepplin channel, my husband's Led-Beep drove me CRAZY! Had to de-program that fast!

I Hate Everything today too 'Lish.

Anonymous said...

that was entertaining lol. I'm not even going to try to play with song titles in response. It's too late.