Sunday, June 29, 2008

And the winner is.....

From the Big Machine Radio Report:

*Trisha Yearwood’s new single from her Top 10-selling album Heaven, Heartache And The Power Of Love is “They Call It Falling For A Reason”, penned by Matraca Berg & Jim Collins, and Trisha loves the tongue-in-cheek take on what falling out of love feels like.”What I love about this song is that it’s about falling flat on your face in a romance and it says that in a way that’s funny,” notes Trisha. “I love the imagery in the first line that says ‘He had me spinning like a girl in a circus in a trapeze act.’ She’s on the high wire and everything is awesome then you fall and hit the ground. It’s a great analogy. They call it falling for a reason. I thought what a great way to look at it. The energy and groove of it draws me in and makes me want to hear it again.” Fans now have the chance to hear it again and again: the single impacts playlists on July 14th.

---------------------------------------------
I suspected this would be the pick since this song garnered both male and female votes - and there was no landslide winner between the two. Will make a cool video.

BTW -- Don't bother posting this on Trisha's site... the message board Nazi will just yank it and claim it's not official -- even though it came from Big Machine. They just don't like getting scooped. ;-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks J!! I thought it would make a great video too, very fun & summertime, and it seems the most radio friendly of the two.

Anonymous said...

This got my vote--it has amazing imagery, and ever since I first heard her sing it at Artist Confidential, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. The video is so intriguing!! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that picture of her!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that won out of the one's we had to choose from.

:)

UK

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you...all the nazi did was post it on the news page. Didn't even bother to post it on the webboard. grrr....

Anonymous said...

Is this the same Nazi that patrols the Planet Garth boards and plays moral police for any post she disagrees with?

Producer J. said...

Couldn't tell ya... I haven't been to PG in months.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture too!!

Anonymous said...

Coolness!!! Thanks for the scoop, Miss J!

Awesome song - but they all are! :)

Um... picture is incredible!!! WOOT!

Anonymous said...

Awesome choice. I don't think there's a bad cut on the albumn and I just don't understand why it hasn't sold more.

Unknown said...

I agree with everyone - great choice for a summer single. It is my favorite to blast and sing along to in the car. A video for this song would be amazing. I just hope she can finally start getting some better chart success soon with this single. And yep, great pic of Miss Trisha!